TBatchMove doesn't import all records !

I'm using the TBatchMove component to import data from an ASCII-Table
to a Paradox table. As this data transfer might take some time, I'd
like to display a gauge showing the progress. To do this, I want to
set the RecordCount property of TBatchMove to a non-zero value.

Now I encountered the following problems with my code:
1) If I set BatchMove1.RecordCount=0, everything works fine
2) As soon as I set it to a non-zero value, my code doesn't import the
first record of my ASCII-table. I just don't understand why !!
3) As an additional problem, SourceTable.RecordCount gives me a wrong
result: depending on the table, I get a result which is from 1 up to
55 below the true result !

My Code:

with TargetTable do
  begin
  Active:=False;
  DatabaseName:='C:\TEST\';
  TableName:='MYTABLE.DB';
  TableType:=ttParadox;
  EmptyTable;
  end;

with SourceTable do
  begin
  Active:=False;
  DatabaseName:='C:\TEST\INPUT\';
  TableName:='SOURCE.TXT';
  TableType:=ttASCII;
  Active:=True;
  end;

BatchMove1.Mode := batAppend;
BatchMove1.RecordCount := trunc(SourceTable.RecordCount/20);
try
  while ((nn > 0) and not (tbOrig.EOF)) do
    begin
    BatchMove1.Execute;
    nn:=BatchMove1.MovedCount;
    {code to display gauge}
    SourceTable.MoveBy(nn);
    Application.ProcessMessages;
    end; {while}
except

Thanks for any suggestions you might have  !

                                                       Thomas Marti

101615.1...@compuserve.com
m...@spectraweb.ch