Component like MS "Address Bar"

A few days ago I asked "Is there a way to assign a drive letter to a hard
drive on another computer?" and the responses were helpful. But I've decided
that my real desire is to have a component like the "Address Bar" on Windows
Explorer. This operates a lot like a Combo Drive Box, but it also includes:

Desktop, Recycle Bin, Network, My Computer, etc.

I'm not looking for Internet access, just access to computers on the
Network. I know that the standard OpenDialog box contains this
functionality, but it requires selection of a specific file in order to
select the desired network/drive.

Re:Component like MS "Address Bar"

1. You could use the SelectDirectory function in the FileCtrl unit (or call
SHBrowseForFolder directly if you want more options).
2. Have a look at the following components:
http://home.t-online.de/home/ingo.eckel/d4comp.htm

"Bob Richardson" <b...@nospam.whidbey.com> wrote in message

> A few days ago I asked "Is there a way to assign a drive letter to a hard
> drive on another computer?" and the responses were helpful. But I've
decided
> that my real desire is to have a component like the "Address Bar" on
Windows
> Explorer. This operates a lot like a Combo Drive Box, but it also
includes:

> Desktop, Recycle Bin, Network, My Computer, etc.

> I'm not looking for Internet access, just access to computers on the
> Network. I know that the standard OpenDialog box contains this
> functionality, but it requires selection of a specific file in order to
> select the desired network/drive.

Re:Component like MS "Address Bar"

I've looked at the SelectDirectory function, and all of Ingo's components,
and none seem to have direct access to "Network" (as implemented in the
Window's Address Bar). It seems that the only way to access network drives
is to first assign the desired network drive to a drive letter. But that
process has it's drawbacks, and isn't direct.

Is there a Window's function, similar to SelectDirectory, where I can select
a directory from another computer that's connected via "Network".

"M.H. Avegaart" <avega...@NOSPAMmccomm.nl> wrote in message

> 1. You could use the SelectDirectory function in the FileCtrl unit (or
call
> SHBrowseForFolder directly if you want more options).
> 2. Have a look at the following components:
> http://home.t-online.de/home/ingo.eckel/d4comp.htm

> "Bob Richardson" <b...@nospam.whidbey.com> wrote in message
> > A few days ago I asked "Is there a way to assign a drive letter to a
hard
> > drive on another computer?" and the responses were helpful. But I've
> decided
> > that my real desire is to have a component like the "Address Bar" on
> Windows
> > Explorer. This operates a lot like a Combo Drive Box, but it also
> includes:

> > Desktop, Recycle Bin, Network, My Computer, etc.

> > I'm not looking for Internet access, just access to computers on the
> > Network. I know that the standard OpenDialog box contains this
> > functionality, but it requires selection of a specific file in order to
> > select the desired network/drive.

Other Threads