Memory error and DOS box

> When I run it from within the IDE, I get a Windows error (15), which
> points me to a README.TXT file, which tells me that I either have a DOS
> program with insufficient memory allocated to the DOS box (wrong), or
> I'm possibly missing a DLL file. From what I can tell, this is also not
> the case.

This error frequently occurs due to a corrupt .EXE or .DLL.  Check for
viruses.

--
-----------------------
Eric Lawrence

Re:Memory error and DOS box

I'm having a strange problem with a delphi 1.0 app. Simple program used
to set some environment and other setup info. 493K. When I run the
program on one computer, everything's cool. However, when I try to run
it on my desktop, instead of running the program, it acts as though it's
a DOS program and fires up a DOS box and gives me an error message
"Insufficient Memory".

When I run it from within the IDE, I get a Windows error (15), which
points me to a README.TXT file, which tells me that I either have a DOS
program with insufficient memory allocated to the DOS box (wrong), or
I'm possibly missing a DLL file. From what I can tell, this is also not
the case.

I've tried putting a breakpoint on the first line of code, but it
doesn't even get that far.

I've tried deleting dcu files and Rebuild All -- no dice.

This application is used on hundreds of computers around the country.
I'm one of the new contract programmers brought on to the project. To
the best of our (development staff) knowledge, this has only happened
one other place. We thought the user was doing something odd, or had his
Win95 set up strangely. Now this is the first time we've been able to
replicate the problem.

If anyone has any suggestions or input, I would greatly appreciate it!

Bob

Other Threads