De{*word*81} kernel error !!

Delphi C/S 2.0

I'm new to Delphi (from VB 3 and 4).  After spending most of the
weekend trying to convert a VB program, I seem to be getting a good
compile (screen says compile successful), but when I try to RUN the
application (F9 or Green Arrow), I get this error:

  De{*word*81} Kernel error  Error code: 1

Great!

Any idea what this means?
What action should I be taking?

I can't get past this point.

Thx for your time / help.

Don

Re:De{*word*81} kernel error !!

On Tue, 25 Feb 1997 04:37:07 GMT, donde...@teleport.com (TallGuy)
magically shaped some letters to say this:

>Delphi C/S 2.0

>I'm new to Delphi (from VB 3 and 4).  After spending most of the
>weekend trying to convert a VB program, I seem to be getting a good
>compile (screen says compile successful), but when I try to RUN the
>application (F9 or Green Arrow), I get this error:

>  De{*word*81} Kernel error  Error code: 1

>Great!

>Any idea what this means?
>What action should I be taking?

>I can't get past this point.

>Thx for your time / help.

Hi Don,

I got this error a few times when I called external functions in
another DLL from my application, and the DLL file was not present in
my path.

If you are using one or more DLL's, verify that they are present in
your programs working directory, or a directory in the path.

Hope this helps.

* Robert Voje
* http://home.sn.no/~rvoje
* Everybody makes mistakes now and then,
* but to really{*word*222}up, you need Windows95

Re:De{*word*81} kernel error !!

Hello donde...@teleport.com!

Tuesday February 25 1997, TallGuy wrote to All:

 T> De{*word*81} Kernel error  Error code: 1
 T> Any idea what this means?
 T> What action should I be taking?

This error is often shown when you access DLL files.

Kind regards Ole

    E-Mail: Ole_Morten...@Hotmail.com

Re:De{*word*81} kernel error !!

TallGuy wrote:

<snip>

>   De{*word*81} Kernel error  Error code: 1

This is due to a missing DLL.  The best way I know to find what is
missing is to execute your ".exe"  from, say, "explorer" - rather than
from within Delphi.  When (/if?) your program falls over Windows95 will
tell you the name of the missing DLL.

Hope this helps.

Tim Kelly

Re:De{*word*81} kernel error !!

Ole.Almind.Morten...@p150.f10.n237.z2.fidonet.org (Ole Almind Mortensen) wrote:

> T> De{*word*81} Kernel error  Error code: 1
>This error is often shown when you access DLL files.

It means that that the Delphi IDE can not load a DLL that you are statically
importing in a unit.

If you do this in a component, you won't be able to install it : the relink of
the component library will fail, and you will have to rename the complib32.~dc
file to complib32.dcl to get the component palette back.

Danny Heijl.
---

Danny.He...@cevi.be    http://www.cevi.be/pp/danny/dhe.htm

AT WORK :      | HOME :