1.DLL + 2.DLL = 3.DLL ??

In the good old days Turbo Pascal allowed you to store your overlays
at the end of your application's .EXE file rather than in a separate
.OVR file:

      COPY /B MYPROG.EXE + MYPROG.OVR

Is it possible to do something like that with two DLL's or a EXE and
a DLL.

If you know please e-mail me or leave a message here :-)

Best regards and merry christmas to every one,

Klaus Kristensen
Denmark in Europe
<kla...@login.dknet.dk>

Re:1.DLL + 2.DLL = 3.DLL ??

kla...@login.dknet.dk (Klaus Kristensen) wrote:
>In the good old days Turbo Pascal allowed you to store your overlays
>at the end of your application's .EXE file rather than in a separate
>.OVR file:

>      COPY /B MYPROG.EXE + MYPROG.OVR

>Is it possible to do something like that with two DLL's or a EXE and
>a DLL.

No, you can't put a DLL into a file with something else and still use
it as a DLL.  However, you should realize that an EXE is already
effectively overlaid; only the segments in use will be loaded into
memory, and when the memory is needed and they aren't, they'll be
swapped out.  (You can control this with a $M option.)

Duncan Murdoch

Other Threads