TCP Binary transmission

How does Indy work with Encrypted data transmission ? I mean How Indy knows
the separator of a transmission ?

Thnaks Paolo

Re:TCP Binary transmission

papet...@euroforex.com (Paolo Papetti) wrote in <3b4ab464_1@dnews>:

>How does Indy work with Encrypted data transmission ? I mean How Indy
>knows the separator of a transmission ?

What do you mean the seperator of a transmission? Indy can read lines
(seperator is EOL) or streams (reading until disconnect or specified number
of bytes).

Re:TCP Binary transmission

> What do you mean the seperator of a transmission? Indy can read lines
> (seperator is EOL) or streams (reading until disconnect or specified
number
> of bytes).

I need to send binary data containing #13 and #10 ascii randomly.
So if i send a line with inside this characters for three times will I
recive three lines or more ?
I saw i could use the UUencode-Indy. There are some example ? (I create the
UUEncode object and then I call the CodeString Method but it's doesn't wrok
properly it returned '' ).

Thanks
Paolo

Re:TCP Binary transmission

> >How does Indy work with Encrypted data transmission ? I mean How Indy
> >knows the separator of a transmission ?

TCP has NO separtor, you are responsible for knowing what data to expect.
either a certain length, or a terminating char that YOU will look for.

Gordon

Re:TCP Binary transmission

papet...@euroforex.com (Paolo Papetti) wrote in <3b4af9fb$1_1@dnews>:

>> What do you mean the seperator of a transmission? Indy can read lines
>> (seperator is EOL) or streams (reading until disconnect or specified
>number
>> of bytes).

>I need to send binary data containing #13 and #10 ascii randomly.

You cant then use streams.

Other Threads