Update SQL with a stored Procedure???

I have a stored procedure that collects data from 2 different tables, how
can I write a Insert sql statement to allow only one of the tables to be
insertable. The one table is just a lookup table.

Here is what I currently have :

I have two tables, Compant and CAffl.

Company has two fields, Comp_Num and Comp_Name
CAffl has three fields, CA_Comp_Num, CA_Affl_Comp_Num, and CA_Cmnts.

I have a stored Procedure that links the table in the following manner

CREATE PROCEDURE sp_CompAffl @Company_ID Float  AS
select  c.CA_Comp_Num, c.CA_Affl_Comp_Num, c.CA_Cmnts, co.Comp_Name
from CAffl c, Company co
where
c.CAffl_Comp_Num = @Company_ID
and
c.CAffl_Affl_Comp_Num = co.Comp_Num
order by
co.Comp_Name

How do I insert a record for this stored procedure? I only want to insert a
record for the CAffl table, not the Company table, it serves only as a
lookup here.

Re:Update SQL with a stored Procedure???

>I have a stored Procedure that links the table in the following manner

>CREATE PROCEDURE sp_CompAffl @Company_ID Float  AS
>select  c.CA_Comp_Num, c.CA_Affl_Comp_Num, c.CA_Cmnts, co.Comp_Name
>from CAffl c, Company co
>where
>c.CAffl_Comp_Num = @Company_ID
>and
>c.CAffl_Affl_Comp_Num = co.Comp_Num
>order by
>co.Comp_Name

1- Turn CachedUpdates on.
2- Attach a TUpdateSQL to UpdateObject.
3- Write the insert, delete, update queries that only touches those fields
from CAffl.
4- Remember now that you must call ApplyUpdates somewhere.

I'm assuming that your user will type the CA_Comp_Num, or you will provide
him/her a method for selecting this field value. If you want him to type the
Comp_Name, you'll need a more involved procedure to update the database. If
this is your case, you'll need the OnUpdateRecord event, so you can find the
code associated to that name first.

Ian

Other Threads