Problems with ADO connection in Delphi / CBuilder 5

I am having a slight problem with ADO in D5 / CB5. When I try to build a
connection string in TADOConnection, I am presented with a list of OLE DB
Providers. When I select one of them (Microsoft OLE DB provider for ODBC
drivers for example), and click 'Next' I get an error message "Provider is
no longer available. Ensure the provider is installed properly".
Is it possible to reinstall the OLE DB providers? Any idea how? Suggestions
welcomed!!

SH

Re:Problems with ADO connection in Delphi / CBuilder 5

You can reinstall the default Microsoft OLE DB providers by installing MDAC
(download from www.microsoft.com/data).

"Stuart Hall" <da...@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht

> I am having a slight problem with ADO in D5 / CB5. When I try to build a
> connection string in TADOConnection, I am presented with a list of OLE DB
> Providers. When I select one of them (Microsoft OLE DB provider for ODBC
> drivers for example), and click 'Next' I get an error message "Provider is
> no longer available. Ensure the provider is installed properly".
> Is it possible to reinstall the OLE DB providers? Any idea how?
Suggestions
> welcomed!!

> SH

Re:Problems with ADO connection in Delphi / CBuilder 5

you can certainly download the MDAC installer and updates from there, but
Win2000 won't accept them ("already has MDAC 2.5 installed"). Already tried
that!!

Any more suggestions...?

SH

"M.H. Avegaart" <avegaartNOS...@mccomm.nl> wrote in message

> You can reinstall the default Microsoft OLE DB providers by installing
MDAC
> (download from www.microsoft.com/data).

> "Stuart Hall" <da...@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
> > I am having a slight problem with ADO in D5 / CB5. When I try to build a
> > connection string in TADOConnection, I am presented with a list of OLE
DB
> > Providers. When I select one of them (Microsoft OLE DB provider for ODBC
> > drivers for example), and click 'Next' I get an error message "Provider
is
> > no longer available. Ensure the provider is installed properly".
> > Is it possible to reinstall the OLE DB providers? Any idea how?
> Suggestions
> > welcomed!!

> > SH

Other Threads