Changing character set

    Hi all,
    I need help on the subjects below:
        - How do I know the database's character set?
        - How do I change it? Do I have to re-create the database or there
is some other way (e.g. restore)?

    Thanks,
    Alphonsus.

Re:Changing character set

>         - How do I know the database's character set?

select RDB$CHARACTER_SET_NAME from RDB$DATABASE

>        - How do I change it? Do I have to re-create the database or there is
> some other way (e.g. restore)?

I guess there is no much convenient way than re-creation. I am not sure about
restore.
For more detail read documentation about System tables (Language reference).
With best regards.
Sergey.

Other Threads