BDE 5.01 with Citrix MetaFrame 1.8

Hello,
We use Win 2K with MetaFrame 1.8 and are trying to run BDE 5.01.22 for
connections to Timeslips.

1. Is BDE Citrix compliant?
2. Is anyone out there using Timeslips 10.1 with the BDE engine on a
Citrix Server (I know Timeslips does not directly support this)
3. We are getting the following error when users connect.

www.The Mini Timeslips database engine has received an unknown error
from the operating system. Once this condition exists, it requires Mini
Timeslips to be shut down and you may have to reboot before you can
resume. Mini Timeslips will shut down now.

Area: Table
Code: 132
Address: Exception tBDETableExceptionC in module Minits.exe at 00390171.

Version: 10.0.1.22
Table: Slip
Record: n/a
BDE Code: 11047

Skip

Re:BDE 5.01 with Citrix MetaFrame 1.8

"Skip" <stho...@lgu.com> wrote in message news:3AE83F2F.8010509@lgu.com...
> Hello,
> We use Win 2K with MetaFrame 1.8 and are trying to run BDE 5.01.22 for
> connections to Timeslips.

> Version: 10.0.1.22
> Table: Slip
> Record: n/a
> BDE Code: 11047

> Skip

Eliminate Citrix, it is a dog.

Re:BDE 5.01 with Citrix MetaFrame 1.8

Thank you Todd for that insightful reply. You must be an outstanding
technical resource and it must be a pleasure to be a client of  CompuNet
Resources, LLC.

Todd wrote:
> "Skip" <stho...@lgu.com> wrote in message news:3AE83F2F.8010509@lgu.com...

>> Hello,
>> We use Win 2K with MetaFrame 1.8 and are trying to run BDE 5.01.22 for
>> connections to Timeslips.

>> Version: 10.0.1.22
>> Table: Slip
>> Record: n/a
>> BDE Code: 11047

>> Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
>> Skip

> Eliminate Citrix, it is a dog.

Re:BDE 5.01 with Citrix MetaFrame 1.8

Help like Todd's we don't need. I do not know about timeslips program but i
do have an application running on citrix server and ran into problems
installing the BDE. My solution was to merge the registry settings for the
BDE from a Client pc onto the citrix server. As with any registry tinkering
make sure your backed up.
This presumes that the BDE files exist on the citrix server in the first
place. Also note you may need to edit the settings depending on how your
drive is mapped in citrix.I had to change all references of c:\ to m:\.
Good luck

Skip wrote:
> Thank you Todd for that insightful reply. You must be an outstanding
> technical resource and it must be a pleasure to be a client of
> CompuNet Resources, LLC.

Every company I know that runs Citrix, at all, has severe performance
issues.  They complain how the app runs so fast until it is used thru
Citrix.  My experience.

If you don't like the answer, you shouldn't have asked the question.

And yes, I have a 100% satisfaction rate from my customers, Including
companies Like UUNET....

Next time I won't waste my time if this is how you reply to suggestions.

Other Threads