Piparti: Footer Positioning

Is it possible in Piparti 3.01 to position the "Footer Band" (or some
other better suited band) directly below the last line in the "Detail
Band".  This is in contrast to always printing at the bottom of the
page?

Erik

Re:Piparti: Footer Positioning

Erik B. Berry wrote:

> Is it possible in Piparti 3.01 to position the "Footer Band" (or some
> other better suited band) directly below the last line in the "Detail
> Band".  This is in contrast to always printing at the bottom of the
> page?

> Erik

I'm not sure what you are asking?

A Group Footer Band can print below a detail band, but perhaps you mean
you want something to print at the bottom of every page (whereas a group
footer will only print when the group breaks.)

You can use the PrintPosition property of a Group Footer Band to tell it
to print at a fixed position on the page. This is useful if you have an
invoice and want the total to print at a certain position on the page
(i.e. on a pre-printed form.)

But perhaps this not what you mean either...

BTW, you can also direct questions to supp...@digital-metaphors.com...

Cheers,

--
Nard Moseley            mailto:n...@digital-metaphors.com
Digital Metaphors       http://www.digital-metaphors.com

Nard Moseley wrote:
> I'm not sure what you are asking?

  Let me try and re-phrase.  Right now, I'm printing a simple (not
master/detail) report that is not on a form (plain paper).  I print a
header and the line items just as I want them, but the "footer band"
prints at the bottom of the page.  I want the footer to print directly
underneath the last line of the detail band's line items.  Re-stated, I
want no extra vertical space between the last line item and the start of
the "footer band".  The footer contains totals from the single detail
band, and the report is always only one half of a page.  Printing the
report as-is now gives me half a blank page between the end of the
detail band's line items and the start of the footer.

Erik

Re:Piparti: Footer Positioning

Erik,

> Nard Moseley wrote:

> > I'm not sure what you are asking?

>   Let me try and re-phrase.  Right now, I'm printing a simple (not
> master/detail) report that is not on a form (plain paper).  I print a
> header and the line items just as I want them, but the "footer band"
> prints at the bottom of the page.  I want the footer to print directly
> underneath the last line of the detail band's line items.  Re-stated, I
> want no extra vertical space between the last line item and the start of
> the "footer band".  The footer contains totals from the single detail
> band, and the report is always only one half of a page.  Printing the
> report as-is now gives me half a blank page between the end of the
> detail band's line items and the start of the footer.

Using a FooterBand is probably out then since the definition of a Footer
Band is that it prints at the bottom of each page. The only way to use a
footer would be redefine the size of the page to much smaller (say one
half.)

The only other alternative is to try using a GroupFooter. You will
likely need to control when the group breaks because you will want it to
break at the bottom of each page. You can do this by using the
OnGetBreakValue event or by defining a datafield in your dataset that
would indicate when the break should occur (perhaps you have a datafield
like this already)

Cheers,

--
Nard Moseley            mailto:n...@digital-metaphors.com
Digital Metaphors       http://www.digital-metaphors.com

Re:Piparti: Footer Positioning

Use a group footer band instead, which will print right after the last
detail band.  Good luck.
Gene

Erik B. Berry <ebe...@sync-link.com.I.HEART.SPAM> wrote in article
<34E9BA30.5...@sync-link.com.I.HEART.SPAM>...

> Nard Moseley wrote:

> > I'm not sure what you are asking?

>   Let me try and re-phrase.  Right now, I'm printing a simple (not
> master/detail) report that is not on a form (plain paper).  I print a
> header and the line items just as I want them, but the "footer band"
> prints at the bottom of the page.  I want the footer to print directly
> underneath the last line of the detail band's line items.  Re-stated, I
> want no extra vertical space between the last line item and the start of
> the "footer band".  The footer contains totals from the single detail
> band, and the report is always only one half of a page.  Printing the
> report as-is now gives me half a blank page between the end of the
> detail band's line items and the start of the footer.

> Erik

Other Threads