please help me with charts or i loose my job

im new to delphi  and created a delphi1 + paradox 7 app
but i cant find away to make a simple chart, using 2 columns

does some one know how can it be done?

please help before they send me home

e...@green.co.il

Re:please help me with charts or i loose my job

The following ChartFX code is from a working application.  I surgically
removed it, but I'm no surgeon.  You'll have to adapt it to your
situation, but the essential steps of using ChartFX VBX (included with
Delphi) are covered.  Incidentally, set the ChartType property to
"Scatter" (i.e., XY).

 with chartfx1 do
 begin
  cnt:=table1.recordcount;
  opendata[COD_VALUES]:=Makelong(1,cnt);
  opendata[COD_XVALUES]:=Makelong(1,cnt);
  ThisSerie:=0;
  table1.first;
  ymin:=table1.fieldbyname('Y_fieldname').asfloat;
  ymax:=table1.fieldbyname('Y_fieldname').asfloat;
  xmin:=table1.fieldbyname('X_fieldname').asfloat;
  xmax:=table1.fieldbyname('X_fieldname').asfloat;
  for i:=0 to cnt-1 do
  begin
   value[i]:=table1.fieldbyname('Y_fieldname').asfloat;
   if value[i]>ymax then ymax:=value[i];
   if value[i]<ymin then ymin:=value[i];
   xvalue[i]:=table1.fieldbyname('X_fieldname').asfloat;
   if xvalue[i]>xmax then xmax:=xvalue[i];
   if xvalue[i]<xmin then xmin:=xvalue[i];
   table1.next;
  end;
  Adm[CSA_MIN]:=ymin;
  Adm[CSA_MAX]:=ymax;
  Adm[CSA_XMIN]:=xmin;
  Adm[CSA_XMAX]:=xmax;
  CloseData[COD_VALUES]:=0;
 end;

hgfh <j...@microsoft.com> wrote in article
<01bc405f$8348fa40$03c45ac2@eli>...

> im new to delphi  and created a delphi1 + paradox 7 app
> but i cant find away to make a simple chart, using 2 columns

> does some one know how can it be done?

> please help before they send me home

> e...@green.co.il

Re:please help me with charts or i loose my job

If you are for real (the j...@microsoft.com by line suggests otherwise) then I'd suggest you pick up TeeChart.  Much easier than the ChartFX to work with and it is apparently going to be coming with
version 3 of Delphi, so it's becoming a standard.  Very full featured, but also a piece of cake to generate a simple 2 column graph.

/js

In article <01bc405f$8348fa40$03c45ac2@eli>, "hgfh" <j...@microsoft.com> writes:
>im new to delphi  and created a delphi1 + paradox 7 app
>but i cant find away to make a simple chart, using 2 columns

>does some one know how can it be done?

>please help before they send me home

>e...@green.co.il

Re:please help me with charts or i loose my job

Use D2 !
It as a Chart component !

In article <01bc4283$95ae2c20$03c45ac2@eli>, "hgfh" <j...@microsoft.com> wrote:

>hgfh <j...@microsoft.com> wrote in article
><01bc405f$8348fa40$03c45ac2@eli>...
>> im new to delphi  and created a delphi1 + paradox 7 app
>> but i cant find away to make a simple chart, using 2 columns

>> does some one know how can it be done?

>> please help before they send me home

>> e...@green.co.il

Re:please help me with charts or i loose my job

And after you solve the company's charting problem, use your newly
developed skills to find a job with a company that promotes the use of a
carrot instead of a stick.

Bruce

Alexandre Bento Freire <h...@ip.pt> wrote in article
<5iebtk$...@barracuda.ip.pt>...

wrote:

> >hgfh <j...@microsoft.com> wrote in article
> ><01bc405f$8348fa40$03c45ac2@eli>...
> >> im new to delphi  and created a delphi1 + paradox 7 app
> >> but i cant find away to make a simple chart, using 2 columns

> >> does some one know how can it be done?

> >> please help before they send me home

> >> e...@green.co.il

Other Threads