Weird Win32 Errors

We have an application called BookMain.  We keep getting weird errors with it,
which differ depending on whether we're in Windows95 or Windows NT, and whether
we're in the de{*word*81} or not.

When we try to run it on a Windows 95 machine, we get the following error:
"Exception EReadError in module BookMain.exe at 00014841.  Error reading
SPIList1.Directory.  File not found."  When we go to the error 14841 in Delphi,
it brings up the CPU window, so we're not sure exactly where it's happening in
the code.  However, when we try to run it on a Windows NT machine, we get the
following error:  "HSZ11.Items.Strings: Win32 Error.Code : 2.  The system
cannot find the file specified."  Now, HSZ11 is just a combo box, so we don't
understand why it's looking for a file here.  When we open the project in
Delphi4 on a Windows 95 machine, we get the following error:  "Error creating
form.  Error reading ABSHAL3.Items.Strings.  A Win32 API function failed."
Again, ABSHAL3 is just a combo box.  When we open the project in Delphi 4 on a
Windows NT machine, we get no errors, and it compiles and runs fine from the
de{*word*81}.  Does anyone have any idea what we could be doing to cause this (or
these, if it's more than one) problem(s)?

Thanks for any ideas!
Carrie

Re:Weird Win32 Errors

: go...@aol.com (GOSPI) wrote:
>Does anyone have any idea what we could be doing to cause this (or
>these, if it's more than one) problem(s)?

You are probably auto-creating all forms and running out of resources
on Windows 95.

--
Stefan Hoffmeister    (http://www.econos.de/)
No private email, please, unless expressly invited.

Other Threads