Passing a report variable to ReportSmith

I am having trouble passing a customer id to reportsmith to print a
specific master/detail report.  I keep getting prompted by reportsmith to
enter the id for the report variable.

Is there a way to pass this variable from Delphi into ReportSmith
--

Matthew M. Boron
TomCat Computers, Inc.

Re:Passing a report variable to ReportSmith

On 5 Feb 1997 20:16:45 GMT, "Matthew M. Boron" <tom...@tusco.net>
wrote:

>I am having trouble passing a customer id to reportsmith to print a
>specific master/detail report.  I keep getting prompted by reportsmith to
>enter the id for the report variable.

>Is there a way to pass this variable from Delphi into ReportSmith
>--

Matthew,
        There certainly is...
        You will want to make your ReportSmith report variables of the
"Type-in" variety, and when you pass values in from Delphi,
ReportSmith will know not to prompt...
        So, how does one pass the variables?  Check out the help on
Delphi's TReport object, namely the "InitialValues" property.  There
is an example which actually shows some information for a change, and
it displays the syntax to use to send in report variables by name.  It
worked for me in Delphi 2.0.  Just send in the variables and fire up
the report and it should work...

Good luck!
Joe Kaufman

Other Threads