'Direct Oracle Acces' or 'Oracle Data Access Components' from CoreLab?

They are fast.... But some of them are more faster. And sometimes
BDE is also fast :) And, my opinion is:
- stability is most important;
- speed, flexibility, documentation are second important;
- and if you are not starting development of Oracle applications
from scratch, then compatibility with BDE components is very
important also !
It is why i am developing NCOCI8 very compatible with BDE
data access components. Because that, documentation is
important only if you are trying to use advanced features :)

Regards,
Dmitry

Dmitry L. Arefiev, Software Engineer, InThink Corporation, AZ
Author of NCOCI8 - Freeware Delphi to Oracle8i direct access

ICQ: 50741007
EMail: dmit...@inthink.com
WWW: http://www.ncom.ru/diman/index.html

John Pierce <jpie...@healthplanning.com> wrote in message

> I think Don's observations about converting an existing project are
> probably accurate.  I converted an existing project to DOA, and it was
> not difficult, but not trivial either.  I have been using DOA for about
> a year, and like it very much.  It is stable and well supported and
> documented.  I do not think that speed is a major factor in choosing one
> of these products;  they are all fast, and much faster than the BDE.

> John Pierce

Re:'Direct Oracle Acces' or 'Oracle Data Access Components' from CoreLab?

I wish I knew about your components while I was evaluating the others.
Thanks for your efforts!

Don S.

"Dmitry Arefiev" <dmit...@inthink.com> wrote in message

> They are fast.... But some of them are more faster. And sometimes
> BDE is also fast :) And, my opinion is:
> - stability is most important;
> - speed, flexibility, documentation are second important;
> - and if you are not starting development of Oracle applications
> from scratch, then compatibility with BDE components is very
> important also !
> It is why i am developing NCOCI8 very compatible with BDE
> data access components. Because that, documentation is
> important only if you are trying to use advanced features :)

> Regards,
> Dmitry

> Dmitry L. Arefiev, Software Engineer, InThink Corporation, AZ
> Author of NCOCI8 - Freeware Delphi to Oracle8i direct access

> ICQ: 50741007
> EMail: dmit...@inthink.com
> WWW: http://www.ncom.ru/diman/index.html

> John Pierce <jpie...@healthplanning.com> wrote in message
> > I think Don's observations about converting an existing project are
> > probably accurate.  I converted an existing project to DOA, and it was
> > not difficult, but not trivial either.  I have been using DOA for about
> > a year, and like it very much.  It is stable and well supported and
> > documented.  I do not think that speed is a major factor in choosing one
> > of these products;  they are all fast, and much faster than the BDE.

> > John Pierce

Other Threads