Delphi Client/Server Development

Hi,

We are planning to develop an Interbase application with Delphi. We
currently have Delphi 3 Professional, which includes Local Interbase. Will
we be able to do all our development with the Professional version, testing
our application with Local Interbase? This application is intended to scale
to Client/Server. Thanks in advance.

Re:Delphi Client/Server Development

We do the same.  As far as I know there is NO difference between the
Local Interbase server and the "real" server as far as Delphi or SQL are
concerned.  You will need licenses to deploy Interbase server.

Jane Scarano wrote:

> Hi,

> We are planning to develop an Interbase application with Delphi. We
> currently have Delphi 3 Professional, which includes Local Interbase. Will
> we be able to do all our development with the Professional version, testing
> our application with Local Interbase? This application is intended to scale
> to Client/Server. Thanks in advance.

Re:Delphi Client/Server Development

Yes Jane.  That is exactly what Delphi 3 Professional version will do
for you.  You do not have to use the "CLIENT/SERVER" version of Delphi.

John

Jane Scarano wrote:
> Hi,

> We are planning to develop an Interbase application with Delphi. We
> currently have Delphi 3 Professional, which includes Local Interbase.
> Will
> we be able to do all our development with the Professional version,
> testing
> our application with Local Interbase? This application is intended to
> scale
> to Client/Server. Thanks in advance.

Other Threads