Installing sql-links for MS sql server 6.5

Hi,
I have a MS sql server 6.5 up and running on a NT server 4.0.
I installed the sql-server client on a Win95 machine.
I can work with ISQL/w with no special problems.
So far so good...

I'm trying to configure the MSSSQL native sql-link of Delphi 3.0 to work
with the sql-server, but I can't get it to work.
When I try to open the database from the BDE Administrator I get the
following error:
"vendor initialization failed, cannot load IDAPI service library..., File:
NTWDBLIB.DLL."
I searched the Win95 machine (on which I installed to sql-server client)
and this file does not exist.
I tried to replace the "vendor init" parameter (in the BDE Admin native
driver configuration screen) with another dll (w3dblib.dll for example) but
nothing changed.
So , my questions are:

1. What's wrong ? Must I have NTWDBLIB.DLL ? If so, why isn't it supplied
with the client installtion ?
2. I installed a client for Win3.x. It seems there is no client for Win95.
Is it true ?

Please help me, it's very urgent.

TIA,

--
Asaf Yaffe
GreenSoft Management Systems

Re:Installing sql-links for MS sql server 6.5

On 16 Nov 1997 16:25:00 GMT, "Asaf Yaffe" <__a...@greensoft-ms.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>I have a MS sql server 6.5 up and running on a NT server 4.0.
>I installed the sql-server client on a Win95 machine.
>I can work with ISQL/w with no special problems.
>So far so good...

>I'm trying to configure the MSSSQL native sql-link of Delphi 3.0 to work
>with the sql-server, but I can't get it to work.
>When I try to open the database from the BDE Administrator I get the
>following error:
>"vendor initialization failed, cannot load IDAPI service library..., File:
>NTWDBLIB.DLL."
>I searched the Win95 machine (on which I installed to sql-server client)
>and this file does not exist.

  This file exists on my machines, both in the systems directory and
in the sql6xx directories.  Thats on win95 and win nt40 platforms.
  I'm almost certain it was installed in the client install procedure.

Re:Installing sql-links for MS sql server 6.5

Asaf Yaffe,

Make sure you also install latest dbnmpntw.dll and ntwdblib.dll files
(if you are using name-piped) on the client's windows\system directory.
These 2 files are part of the MS's SQL Server library you can find on
the installed SQL Server's computer.

Ba

Re:Installing sql-links for MS sql server 6.5

Yo,

Thanks for the help

I managed to do it myself. Guess what : I found a client for Windows95 on
the sql-server CD (backoffice 2.5 cd #2). After I installed it, everything
went smooth.

Thanks again,

Asaf

Ba Nguyen <l...@pacbell.net> wrote in article
<347072C3.34CC0...@pacbell.net>...

> Asaf Yaffe,

> Make sure you also install latest dbnmpntw.dll and ntwdblib.dll files
> (if you are using name-piped) on the client's windows\system directory.
> These 2 files are part of the MS's SQL Server library you can find on
> the installed SQL Server's computer.

> Ba

Re:Installing sql-links for MS sql server 6.5

If you configured your sql 6.5 to communicate tcp/ip (default is named
pipes), then you can run
windbver.exe or Sql client configuration utility on your ws, click on net
library tab and select tcp/ip sockets.

Other Threads