Database Connection Sharing between dll's - Att: Jeff

Hi Jeff

How is/was BorCon. I wish i was there.

Anyway.
1]We formerly used the BDE and have now switched to IBX. We normally passed
the DB.Handle through to all DLL's so that only one connection
    is used while the program is working.Is it possible to do the same thing
with IBX and how should it be done?

2]How can I change the following code so that it reflect IB Exceptions?

   on EDBEngineError do begin
      Result          := False;
      LastErrorMsg    := EDBEngineError(ExceptObject).message;
      sExceptionError := LastErrorMsg;
      for iCount := 0 to EDBEngineError(ExceptObject).ErrorCount-1 do begin
        iExceptionCode :=
EDBEngineError(ExceptObject).Errors[iCount].NativeError;
        if iExceptionCode = -913 then begin
          bQuit := false;
          break;
        end;

        if iExceptionCode = -803 then
         bDuplicate := true;
      end;
      LastError :=
EDBEngineError(ExceptObject).Errors[EDBEngineError(ExceptObject).ErrorCount-
1].ErrorCode;
      {Check BDE.INT for errorcodes}
      if InsertDuplicateBusy and (iExceptionCode <> -803) then begin//
Duplicate error
       DoInsertDuplicateUpdate := False;
       DSQLLogString('DSQL.Insert -
'+ClearErrorMessage(EDBEngineError(ExceptObject).message));
       ShowMessage(EDBEngineError(ExceptObject).message);
      end
      else
       DoInsertDuplicateUpdate := True;
      if (not Quiet) and showErrors and (not InsertDuplicateBusy) and
(iExceptionCode <> -913) then begin
       DSQLLogString('DSQL.Insert -
'+ClearErrorMessage(EDBEngineError(ExceptObject).message));
       ShowMessage(EDBEngineError(ExceptObject).message);

Thanks for all the great work you are doing on IBX. We really appreciate it.

Regards

--
Ruaan Barnard
Programmer