Detecting dial tone on modem

How difficult would it be to write a TP7 program to detect a dial tone
on a shared modem line?  We'd like to be able to halt a batch file if
the phone line is not yet open, before running some rudimentary credit
card order upload software.

   Keith G.                         c...@inmind.com

Re:Detecting dial tone on modem

c...@inmind.com (Keith G.) wrote:
>How difficult would it be to write a TP7 program to detect a dial tone
>on a shared modem line?  We'd like to be able to halt a batch file if
>the phone line is not yet open, before running some rudimentary credit
>card order upload software.
>   Keith G.                         c...@inmind.com

Check you modem documentation on the    'X'     register.
Most modems are inteligent enough to telll you what the dialtone
status is, and they can be told to return a 'NO DIALTONE' Message.

ATX0  -  Disable all line checking
ATX4  -  Checks for dialtone, and some other stuff.

You will look for the NO DIALTONE message the same way as you detect
the CONNECT ????? String.

Cya L8r

Ian S.

Other Threads