Hidden Application?

Hello all!

Does anyone know how to write a completely hidden application? I've already
sourcecode to hide the form:

Form1.DoHide;
Form1.Hide;

I've need source code to hide the application in Crtl+Alt+Del. So if  I
press Crtl+Alt+Del I can't see the application. Does anyone have any
information?

THANKS

Re:Hidden Application?

Bjorn Braker wrote:
> Hello all!

> Does anyone know how to write a completely hidden application? I've already
> sourcecode to hide the form:

> Form1.DoHide;
> Form1.Hide;

> I've need source code to hide the application in Crtl+Alt+Del. So if  I
> press Crtl+Alt+Del I can't see the application. Does anyone have any
> information?

> THANKS

Hi Bjorn, (and all others that read this)

What I once did was this:

On form activate, I destroy the window. Losing all control to the components on
it, and the universe and everything.
It's not a nice way to do it, but it could help you.

..Hope to have helped you out.

Var
  hwnd  : DWORD;                // global DWORD for windowhandle

procedure TForm1.FormActivate(Sender: TObject);

begin
  hwnd := GetForegroundWindow;
  ShowWindow( hwnd, SW_HIDE );
  DestroyWindow ( hwnd );   // Code to destroy the Window that just has been
activated.
end;

Re:Hidden Application?

No that's not the one. my code hides the form and the button on the windows
task bar. Your source only hide the form, but you still see it on the
windows taskbar and in CRTL+ALT+DEL. I want code to hide the for, hide in
the taskbar and hide inb CRTL+ALT+DEL. I only need the code to hide the
application in CRTL+ALT+DEL.

Delirious <d...@xs4all.nl> wrote in message

> Bjorn Braker wrote:

> > Hello all!

> > Does anyone know how to write a completely hidden application? I've
already
> > sourcecode to hide the form:

> > Form1.DoHide;
> > Form1.Hide;

> > I've need source code to hide the application in Crtl+Alt+Del. So if  I
> > press Crtl+Alt+Del I can't see the application. Does anyone have any
> > information?

> > THANKS

> Hi Bjorn, (and all others that read this)

> What I once did was this:

> On form activate, I destroy the window. Losing all control to the
components on
> it, and the universe and everything.
> It's not a nice way to do it, but it could help you.

> ..Hope to have helped you out.

> Var
>   hwnd  : DWORD;                // global DWORD for windowhandle

> procedure TForm1.FormActivate(Sender: TObject);

> begin
>   hwnd := GetForegroundWindow;
>   ShowWindow( hwnd, SW_HIDE );
>   DestroyWindow ( hwnd );   // Code to destroy the Window that just has
been
> activated.
> end;

Re:Hidden Application?

Can I post a component right here?

Re:Hidden Application?

I guess this is the code you are looking for :
RegisterServiceProcess(GetCurrentProcessID,1);

Have fun..
Kurt Inge

Bjorn Braker <wen...@hotmail.com> skrev i
meldingsnyheter:949581563.612...@newsreader1.wirehub.nl...

> No that's not the one. my code hides the form and the button on the
windows
> task bar. Your source only hide the form, but you still see it on the
> windows taskbar and in CRTL+ALT+DEL. I want code to hide the for, hide in
> the taskbar and hide inb CRTL+ALT+DEL. I only need the code to hide the
> application in CRTL+ALT+DEL.

> Delirious <d...@xs4all.nl> wrote in message

> > Bjorn Braker wrote:

> > > Hello all!

> > > Does anyone know how to write a completely hidden application? I've
> already
> > > sourcecode to hide the form:

> > > Form1.DoHide;
> > > Form1.Hide;

> > > I've need source code to hide the application in Crtl+Alt+Del. So if
> > > press Crtl+Alt+Del I can't see the application. Does anyone have any
> > > information?

> > > THANKS

> > Hi Bjorn, (and all others that read this)

> > What I once did was this:

> > On form activate, I destroy the window. Losing all control to the
> components on
> > it, and the universe and everything.
> > It's not a nice way to do it, but it could help you.

> > ..Hope to have helped you out.

> > Var
> >   hwnd  : DWORD;                // global DWORD for windowhandle

> > procedure TForm1.FormActivate(Sender: TObject);

> > begin
> >   hwnd := GetForegroundWindow;
> >   ShowWindow( hwnd, SW_HIDE );
> >   DestroyWindow ( hwnd );   // Code to destroy the Window that just has
> been
> > activated.
> > end;

Re:Hidden Application?

yess
Duke Beefman <hams...@volny.cz> wrote in message

> Can I post a component right here?

Re:Hidden Application?

Hum I am very interersted with suhc a codee but
RegisterServiceProcess(GetCurrentProcessID,1);
creates a compilation error ! Maybe I forgot an essential unit or something
like, that, or maybe I am just a dumb but could someone explain me how to
make this work ( with a exemple of source maybe ) ! I'm using Delphi 2.0 32

Kurt Inge <ksma...@sf.telia.no> a crit dans le message :
YDVm4.919$5Bf.178650...@news.telia.no...

> I guess this is the code you are looking for :
> RegisterServiceProcess(GetCurrentProcessID,1);

> Have fun..
> Kurt Inge

> Bjorn Braker <wen...@hotmail.com> skrev i
> meldingsnyheter:949581563.612...@newsreader1.wirehub.nl...
> > No that's not the one. my code hides the form and the button on the
> windows
> > task bar. Your source only hide the form, but you still see it on the
> > windows taskbar and in CRTL+ALT+DEL. I want code to hide the for, hide
in
> > the taskbar and hide inb CRTL+ALT+DEL. I only need the code to hide the
> > application in CRTL+ALT+DEL.

> > Delirious <d...@xs4all.nl> wrote in message

> > already

> > > Hi Bjorn, (and all others that read this)

> > > What I once did was this:

> > > On form activate, I destroy the window. Losing all control to the
> > components on
> > > it, and the universe and everything.
> > > It's not a nice way to do it, but it could help you.

> > > ..Hope to have helped you out.

> > > Var
> > >   hwnd  : DWORD;                // global DWORD for windowhandle

> > > procedure TForm1.FormActivate(Sender: TObject);

> > > begin
> > >   hwnd := GetForegroundWindow;
> > >   ShowWindow( hwnd, SW_HIDE );
> > >   DestroyWindow ( hwnd );   // Code to destroy the Window that just
has
> > been
> > > activated.
> > > end;

Re:Hidden Application?

Why make a simple task difficult?

In the programs project file, you just add the line
"Application.ShowMainForm:=False;"
Then the application will remain invisible on screen, taskbar and in the
taskmanager on the page applications.
However, you will still see this application run as a process on the page
processes.(WinNT 4)

I hope this will serve your needs.

for instance :

program Project1;
uses
  Forms,
  Unit1 in 'Unit1.pas' {Form1};
{$R *.RES}
begin
  Application.Initialize;
  Application.CreateForm(TForm1, Form1);
  Application.ShowMainForm:=False;
  Application.Run;
end.

Delirious <d...@xs4all.nl> wrote in message

> Bjorn Braker wrote:

> > Hello all!

> > Does anyone know how to write a completely hidden application? I've
already
> > sourcecode to hide the form:

> > Form1.DoHide;
> > Form1.Hide;

> > I've need source code to hide the application in Crtl+Alt+Del. So if  I
> > press Crtl+Alt+Del I can't see the application. Does anyone have any
> > information?

> > THANKS

> Hi Bjorn, (and all others that read this)

> What I once did was this:

> On form activate, I destroy the window. Losing all control to the
components on
> it, and the universe and everything.
> It's not a nice way to do it, but it could help you.

> ..Hope to have helped you out.

> Var
>   hwnd  : DWORD;                // global DWORD for windowhandle

> procedure TForm1.FormActivate(Sender: TObject);

> begin
>   hwnd := GetForegroundWindow;
>   ShowWindow( hwnd, SW_HIDE );
>   DestroyWindow ( hwnd );   // Code to destroy the Window that just has
been
> activated.
> end;

Re:Hidden Application?

RegisterServiceProcess will only work under 95 though!.
The Kernel32 dll does not contain this routine under NT.

TQ1.

In article <YDVm4.919$5Bf.178650...@news.telia.no>,
  "Kurt Inge" <ksma...@sf.telia.no> wrote:

> I guess this is the code you are looking for :
> RegisterServiceProcess(GetCurrentProcessID,1);

> Have fun..
> Kurt Inge

> Bjorn Braker <wen...@hotmail.com> skrev i
> meldingsnyheter:949581563.612...@newsreader1.wirehub.nl...
> > No that's not the one. my code hides the form and the button on the
> windows
> > task bar. Your source only hide the form, but you still see it on
the
> > windows taskbar and in CRTL+ALT+DEL. I want code to hide the for,
hide in
> > the taskbar and hide inb CRTL+ALT+DEL. I only need the code to hide
the
> > application in CRTL+ALT+DEL.

> > Delirious <d...@xs4all.nl> wrote in message

I've
> > already

So if

> > > Hi Bjorn, (and all others that read this)

> > > What I once did was this:

> > > On form activate, I destroy the window. Losing all control to the
> > components on
> > > it, and the universe and everything.
> > > It's not a nice way to do it, but it could help you.

> > > ..Hope to have helped you out.

> > > Var
> > >   hwnd  : DWORD;                // global DWORD for windowhandle

> > > procedure TForm1.FormActivate(Sender: TObject);

> > > begin
> > >   hwnd := GetForegroundWindow;
> > >   ShowWindow( hwnd, SW_HIDE );
> > >   DestroyWindow ( hwnd );   // Code to destroy the Window that
just has
> > been
> > > activated.
> > > end;

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Re:Hidden Application?

If you're not using 95/98 you'll get an error as the routine doesn't
exist.

If you are using 95/98 then try adding a prototype:-

function RegisterServiceProcess(dwProcessID,
     dwType: Integer): Integer; stdcall; external 'KERNEL32.DLL';

I don't think it's defined in the delphi RTL calls.

TQ1.

Other Threads