Date: 14 Nov 95 20:18:38 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.lang.pascal.borland
Subject: Windows Prog Help

Does anybody know where I can find some texts on Windows with or without
ObjectWindows programming? I'm quite fluent with turbo vision and hipe
that can help...

thanks in advance...

Alex Demko                                           Alex_De...@mbnet.mb.ca
University of Manitoba Computer Science Student      &   Software Developer
Web: http://www.mbnet.mb.ca/~ademko   FTP: ftp://ftp.mbnet.mb.ca/pub/ademko

Alex Demko                                           Alex_De...@mbnet.mb.ca
University of Manitoba Computer Science Student      &   Software Developer
Web: http://www.mbnet.mb.ca/~ademko   FTP: ftp://ftp.mbnet.mb.ca/pub/ademko

Re:Windows Programming

Alex <umdem...@cc.umanitoba.ca>,

>Are there any good text files out there on windows programming, with or
>without ObjectWindows? Perhaps a begginer's reference or the like?

  I would strongly recommend looking into Delphi.  The old
TurboVision/ObjectWindows paradigm is really out-dated (no offense
intended to you TV/OWL affecionados).  Being a student, you should be
able to invest in Delphi for under $100.  The visual programming paradigm
is here to stay, we still have to get down to the nuts and bolts of
programming for the internals, but there is no reason to go into the nuts
and bolts of interface design coding anymore.

Best of Luck,

-Ed Salgado
 Eminent Domain Software

Other Threads