Board index » delphi » Shared databases table (Paradox)

Shared databases table (Paradox)

Hi,
I am new to database programming with Delphi.
I would like to share my tables across a network from a shared network
drive.
I do not know what settings need to be manipulated in BDE and the
Pdoxusr  file

Can any one help?
fl...@our.net.au

 

Re:Shared databases table (Paradox)


Paul Laverty <plave...@mail.pcmaint.com.au> schreef in berichtnieuws
3B7B42C7.2A3E6...@mail.pcmaint.com.au...

Quote
> Hi,
> I am new to database programming with Delphi.
> I would like to share my tables across a network from a shared network
> drive.
> I do not know what settings need to be manipulated in BDE and the
> Pdoxusr  file

Be sure that the paradox net file is on the same location for all stations.
So, it should be on the network. To do this, set the NET DIR to the shared
network drive.

You can find it in the BDE administrator under
Configuration->Drivers->Native->PARADOX

NOTE: Be sure the paths are exacly the same. That means, if the drive is
called "R" on one computer and "L" on the other, it will nopt work. So, to
be sure, use \\server\databasedir\ or something as parameter.

Erwin.

Re:Shared databases table (Paradox)


Also check the following:
http://www.bdesupport.com/stability.htm

Quote
"Erwin Krijnen" <n...@nospawm.cifera.nl> wrote in message

news:yCJe7.38761$z7.425148@dbsch1.home.nl...
Quote

> Paul Laverty <plave...@mail.pcmaint.com.au> schreef in berichtnieuws
> 3B7B42C7.2A3E6...@mail.pcmaint.com.au...
> > Hi,
> > I am new to database programming with Delphi.
> > I would like to share my tables across a network from a shared network
> > drive.
> > I do not know what settings need to be manipulated in BDE and the
> > Pdoxusr  file

> Be sure that the paradox net file is on the same location for all
stations.
> So, it should be on the network. To do this, set the NET DIR to the shared
> network drive.

> You can find it in the BDE administrator under
> Configuration->Drivers->Native->PARADOX

> NOTE: Be sure the paths are exacly the same. That means, if the drive is
> called "R" on one computer and "L" on the other, it will nopt work. So, to
> be sure, use \\server\databasedir\ or something as parameter.

> Erwin.

Re:Shared databases table (Paradox)


just set the ALIAS on each computer so that it points to the right remote
drive and folder.
The alias name will of course be the same on all computers, so that the
application can be the same. This is what alias are made for : a simple and
unique name for everybody, but with a distinct path behind.

Denis

Other Threads