Frame class not found

Hi,

Odd situation. I have a form with a couple of frames on it, one of which is
giving grief.

In the IDE:

If I open the unit containing the frame, then the unit containing the form,
all is well.

If I open the form first, I get "Error creating form: class [Tfme...] not
found, do you want me to start deleting stuff?"

The application runs fine under the de{*word*81}, but outside the de{*word*81}, I
get an access violation when tring to tab to the troublesome frame (it is on
a page control), suggesting perhaps that while the form has been created, a
constituent hidden frame has not been.

Any ideas please? This is causing me big problems!

Joe

Re:Frame class not found

Some progress...

> In the IDE:

> If I open the unit containing the frame, then the unit containing the
form,
> all is well.

This is now fixed. It was taking a hint from the dpr file if the unit was
closed, and that was wrong. (I had converted a form into the frame.)

> If I open the form first, I get "Error creating form: class [Tfme...] not
> found, do you want me to start deleting stuff?"

> The application runs fine under the de{*word*81}, but outside the de{*word*81}, I
> get an access violation when tring to tab to the troublesome frame (it is
on
> a page control), suggesting perhaps that while the form has been created,
> constituent hidden frame has not been.

But this is still happening. It looks like I was mistaken in thinking they
were manifestations of the same problem.

D6 Ent SP2 btw

Joe

Re:Frame class not found

> But this is still happening. It looks like I was mistaken in thinking they
> were manifestations of the same problem.

Ahem, also fixed.

On an entirely unrelated note, honest, does anyone else find the path to the
"Output directory" gets lost sometimes...  :)

Joe

Other Threads