Delphi vs Oracle.

Hi

I have to manage a project, using a Delphi interface on an Oracle
Database.

We need high quality on time request, for example.

What is the best connector to use for this (BDE, ODBC, Oracle direct
connector ...) ?

Thanks.

answer to : MY-ADDRESS--...@sodexho.webnet.fr--END-OF-MY-ADDRESS

Re:Delphi vs Oracle.

In article <3891548D.2CE59...@nowhere.ru>,
  Chelou <che...@nowhere.ru> wrote:

> What is the best connector to use for this (BDE, ODBC, Oracle direct
> connector ...) ?

I've been using Direct Oracle Access for a couple of years now and it
works great.  Very fast and powerful, small footprint, etc.  There are
no runtime distributions DLLs required but the Oracle client must be
installed.  Highly recommended!

http://www.allroundautomations.nl

Craig

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Re:Delphi vs Oracle.

On Fri, 28 Jan 2000 09:34:21 +0100, Chelou <che...@nowhere.ru> wrote:
>I have to manage a project, using a Delphi interface on an Oracle
>Database.
>We need high quality on time request, for example.
>What is the best connector to use for this (BDE, ODBC, Oracle direct
>connector ...) ?

We've used the BDE with good success - if you don't have a problem
distributing and installing the BDE (we have them on our agency's file
servers), then that works quite nicely.

Otherwise have a look at Kyle Cordes' site with a number of optional
"direct-to-Oracle-but-Oracle-only" alternatives.

        http://www.kylecordes.com/

I'd definitely recommend to stay away from ODBC, whenever possible.

Marc

Marc Scheuner                            Berner Versicherungen, Dept. ISV
May the Source be With You               Laupenstrasse 27
marc.scheu...@berner.ch                  CH-3001 BERNE, Switzerland