IBX 4.62 events problem

I am using Delphi 5 and IBX 4.62. In database I am using events and on client I have TIBEvents component.
When I am trying to connect to server on LAN everything is OK. But if I try to connect to server on WAN pops
up error message "Can't establish connection for events" (something like that) and after this it is  impossible to
connect to server even with simple console. If I don't use TIBEvents everything goes ok. This server is  behind
firewall. Where is the problem?

Re:IBX 4.62 events problem

Jonas Jasas wrote:

> I am using Delphi 5 and IBX 4.62. In database I am using events and on client I have TIBEvents component.
> When I am trying to connect to server on LAN everything is OK. But if I try to connect to server on WAN pops
> up error message "Can't establish connection for events" (something like that)

Please give exactly what is states, not "something like that".  I can much more
easily find the exact error message than an approximation.

>  and after this it is  impossible to
> connect to server even with simple console. If I don't use TIBEvents everything goes ok. This server is  behind
> firewall. Where is the problem?

Events go over the same protocol as the normal stuff so the firewall is not
going to be an issue if you can normally connect to the server.  I'd suggest
looking at the server log and see if something is going on on the server side
when the event is registered.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)   I don't think there are any Russians
(Please do not email    And there ain't no Yanks

Other Threads