Paradox : Changes Not Getting Updated

Hi ,
  When a system is crashed while running the application , changes
(post) made to the paradox tables are not getting updated to the tables.

I tried to simulate the crash and I got different results under these
conditions :

1. Using End Task from the task manager : In this case all  the changes
are updated to table properly .

2. Shutdown the machine :  In this case changes are not getting updated
to the table.

I have "LOCAL SHARE = True"  in configuration. Even i tried the
"DbiSaveChanges" but still the changes are not getting updated to the
table..

Please let me know if I am doing something wrong .

Thanks,

PS: I am using Delphi5/Paradox 7

Re:Paradox : Changes Not Getting Updated

Call <tablename>.flushbuffers just after post.
Beware: calling flushbuffers offten will slow down system performance...
Sangamesh.K wrote:
> Hi ,
>   When a system is crashed while running the application , changes
> (post) made to the paradox tables are not getting updated to the tables.

> I tried to simulate the crash and I got different results under these
> conditions :

> 1. Using End Task from the task manager : In this case all  the changes
> are updated to table properly .

> 2. Shutdown the machine :  In this case changes are not getting updated
> to the table.

> I have "LOCAL SHARE = True"  in configuration. Even i tried the
> "DbiSaveChanges" but still the changes are not getting updated to the
> table..

> Please let me know if I am doing something wrong .

> Thanks,

> PS: I am using Delphi5/Paradox 7

Re:Paradox : Changes Not Getting Updated

Turn off your operating system's hard disk write caching.

--
Bill

Re:Paradox : Changes Not Getting Updated

Its already off.
"Bill Todd (TeamB)" wrote:
> Turn off your operating system's hard disk write caching.

> --
> Bill

Other Threads