Data Module problem in Delphi 2.0 (Bug???)

In article <31452774.1998...@news.euronet.nl>,

dirks...@euronet.nl (Jasper Stil) wrote:
>Yes. As someone stated earlier here, it's garbage... Hope they will
>not be too long on release 2.01 (and that they'll not punish us hard,
>financially I mean, for ordering 2.0 as soon as possible).

Heh... That's a small problem. AFAIK it took a while before 1.02 reached
the norwegian distributor, and I'm sure the small pricetag didn't exactly
encourage them to distribute it any further... So I hope Borland releases
2.01 like they released 1.01 - a big patch file. (btw: are there any 32 bit
patch utils out there supporting long file names? Just curious)

--
=\
 *=- R.Moberg, CD-Player Pro info @ http://www.sn.no/~mobergru/

Re:Data Module problem in Delphi 2.0 (Bug???)

Duncan Margetts <DMarg...@SCOMHBR3.telecom.com.au> wrote:
>u637...@csi.uottawa.ca (Daniel Lortie) wrote:
>>Here's my problem:

>>I just received Delphi 2.0 and I was experimenting with the new Data
>>Module feature.  I inserted a TTable, a TDatasource and a TMainMenu into a
>>Data Module, that I named dmContact.  I linked my TTable to a InterBase
>>Database using an alias already defined on a TDatabase on one of my forms.
>> No problem up to this point.

>>When I run the application I get this arrer message complaining about
>>Access Violation Errors when reading at FFFFFFF! (or something like that).
>>This error occurs on a dmContact.tblContact.Active := true line in my code.

>I got exactly the same thing when doing a

>  "dmModuleName.TableName.First;"

>I've moved the table objects back onto my form until
>I can find an answer for it..

I had the same on every second insert in an Oracle table, while using
a TDBLookupCombo for one of the three fields. First insert OK, second
makes an attempt to read from FFFFFFFF. Only solution: stop app.

>I've also got the impression that the Delphi2.0 Help File
>was slapped together, there seems to be lots of missing
>hyperlinks.

Yes. As someone stated earlier here, it's garbage... Hope they will
not be too long on release 2.01 (and that they'll not punish us hard,
financially I mean, for ordering 2.0 as soon as possible).

Jasper

PS: please take into consideration
- when replying, I just think I know;
- when asking, be sure that I don't.