Form size grew - after testing with Large Fonts

I completed design on my app with 800 X 600 and small fonts. Concerned
about problems with large fonts, I changed my computer over to Large
Fonts and 1024 X 768 resolution.  Next I changed the Scaled property on
all forms to false, adjusted any fonts and button sizes to make sure
that they looked ok, and then recompiled.  All seemed fine, although I
don't like the look of Large Fonts, but that's just a personal
preference.

Then I changed my computer back to 800 X 600 and small fonts and of
course rebooted. When I recompiled and tested my app, SOME, but not all,
of the forms were still extremely large, and looked liked they did with
Large Fonts.  This has happened once before with another.  Is there any
way to have the form sizes and fonts revert to the original size,
without painstakingly changing everything "by hand".  The last time it
happened I was under a deadline and it was a much smaller program, with
only 5-6 forms.

How can I get my forms to look right under small fonts?

Re:Form size grew - after testing with Large Fonts

"Bob Richardson" <bobr.nos...@whidbey.com> skrev i en meddelelse

> Then I changed my computer back to 800 X 600 and small fonts and of
> course rebooted. When I recompiled and tested my app, SOME, but not all,
> of the forms were still extremely large, and looked liked they did with
> How can I get my forms to look right under small fonts?

Do NOT switch between small and large fonts when developing, that will lead
to the problems you have observed.
Stick to either small and large fonts and stay there.
If you choose to develop with large fonts you are certain that there is room
enough for the labels, nomatter what size font the user has.
Set the Scaled property to False.
Use only True Type fonts on your forms.
That's all.

Finn Tolderlund

Re:Form size grew - after testing with Large Fonts

Bob:

What I do is PROGRAMMATICALLY change the size of everything on FORMCREATE
to be the size you want. {i.e.. Button.Width := Screen.Width div 10;}
You can change the size of everything, including FONTS!

James

"Bob Richardson" <bobr.nos...@whidbey.com> wrote in message

> I completed design on my app with 800 X 600 and small fonts. Concerned
> about problems with large fonts, I changed my computer over to Large
> Fonts and 1024 X 768 resolution.  Next I changed the Scaled property on
> all forms to false, adjusted any fonts and button sizes to make sure
> that they looked ok, and then recompiled.  All seemed fine, although I
> don't like the look of Large Fonts, but that's just a personal
> preference.

> Then I changed my computer back to 800 X 600 and small fonts and of
> course rebooted. When I recompiled and tested my app, SOME, but not all,
> of the forms were still extremely large, and looked liked they did with
> Large Fonts.  This has happened once before with another.  Is there any
> way to have the form sizes and fonts revert to the original size,
> without painstakingly changing everything "by hand".  The last time it
> happened I was under a deadline and it was a much smaller program, with
> only 5-6 forms.

> How can I get my forms to look right under small fonts?

Other Threads