Problems with the memory above the first MB

Hi everybody. I'm Gergely Pollak from Hungary. I enjoy the programming.
But I can't use memory above the firs MB. Please give me advices. I'm
programming in Turbo Pascal 7.0.      Gergely Pollak

P.S.:Forgive me for the mistakes! But I'm just learning this language.

Re:Problems with the memory above the first MB

A7polger.a.7.sagvari, after due consideration, uttered

>Hi everybody. I'm Gergely Pollak from Hungary. I enjoy the programming.
>But I can't use memory above the firs MB. Please give me advices. I'm
>programming in Turbo Pascal 7.0.

Turbo Pascal 7.0 cannot directly use the memory above 1Mb, you would
need Borland Pascal 7.0 and program in protected mode.

However, you can get to extended memory (XMS) using a unit that provides
the procedures and functions needed to access XMS.

There are a number of units and help in accessing XMS in SWAG at
http://www.gdsoft.com/swag/ and there is a unit available for
downloading from my home page http://www.pedt.demon.co.uk/

--
Pedt Scragg                    <postmas...@pedt.demon.co.uk>

Never curse the Crocodile's mother before crossing the river

A7polger.a.7.sagvari wrote:

> Hi everybody. I'm Gergely Pollak from Hungary. I enjoy the programming.
> But I can't use memory above the firs MB. Please give me advices. I'm
> programming in Turbo Pascal 7.0.      Gergely Pollak

> P.S.:Forgive me for the mistakes! But I'm just learning this language.

I'm sorry, but that isn't possible with plain Turbo Pascal 7.0.  You can
use some units to access XMS and/or EMS memory, but they require some
acrobatics to be used well.

You can also use one of the 32-bit protected mode compilers.  They are:
1)
FPK-Pascal:http://sun01.brain.uni-freiburg.de/%7Eklaus/pascal/fpk-pas/
2)  TMT Pascal:http://www.tmt.com/download.htm
3)  GNU Pascal:http://agnes.dida.physik.uni-essen.de/~gnu-pascal/

TMT Pascal and FPK-Pascal would be you're best bets - they're the
easiest
to set up.  Please note that TMT-Pascal is shareware!

Phil Brutsche

"Be of stout heart, Number One.  We've handled the Borg.  We can
certainly handle Admiral Jellico." - Jean-Luc Picard