WINSOCK - tcp/ip - internet - etc

Is it possible to do programs that can make use of WINSOCK.DLL under
dos?  Has anyone written any internet applications /w Turbo Pascal 7
and is there any source/example code out there? From what I
understand, MSDOS programs cannot get to the winsock driver.. how can
a [msdos] Turbo pascal programmer get around this?
thanks..

BTW, please email me if you reply ... I may not see your response

r...@emiko.igcom.net

Re:WINSOCK - tcp/ip - internet - etc

Ir...@emiko.igcom.net wrote:

> Is it possible to do programs that can make use of WINSOCK.DLL under
> dos?  Has anyone written any internet applications /w Turbo Pascal 7
> and is there any source/example code out there? From what I
> understand, MSDOS programs cannot get to the winsock driver.. how can
> a [msdos] Turbo pascal programmer get around this?
> thanks..

> BTW, please email me if you reply ... I may not see your response

> r...@emiko.igcom.net

I got a unit winsock.pas from someone else. If you want it, I'll
send it via EMail...

mail:DirkClem...@europeonline.com

Re:WINSOCK - tcp/ip - internet - etc

Dirk Clemens (DirkClem...@europeonline.com) wrote:
: Ir...@emiko.igcom.net wrote:

: >
: > Is it possible to do programs that can make use of WINSOCK.DLL under
: > dos?  Has anyone written any internet applications /w Turbo Pascal 7
: > and is there any source/example code out there? From what I
: > understand, MSDOS programs cannot get to the winsock driver.. how can
: > a [msdos] Turbo pascal programmer get around this?
: > thanks..
: >
: > BTW, please email me if you reply ... I may not see your response
: >
: > r...@emiko.igcom.net

: I got a unit winsock.pas from someone else. If you want it, I'll
: send it via EMail...

: mail:DirkClem...@europeonline.com

could you please post that? i'd like to check it out also.
thanks

victor dods

Other Threads