Tquery.refresh doesn't work with ORACLE???

Hello,
We just have a problem doing a refresh on a simple Tquery (select * from
tablename) with Oracle.
We cach the following message: "The table is not uniquely indexed".
But this table has got a primary key!
We try the same Tquery with Paradox, Access, ... without problem!
What must we do?

Thanks
Jean-Marc et Jean-No?l.

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

Re:Tquery.refresh doesn't work with ORACLE???

Paradox and Access are quite different from SQL-servers. Refresh
doesn't work with SQL-servers. You have to do an open/close sequence
instead.

/Anders

On Thu, 04 Jun 1998 16:20:33 +0200, AGD sa <a...@unicall.be> wrote:
>Hello,
>We just have a problem doing a refresh on a simple Tquery (select * from
>tablename) with Oracle.
>We cach the following message: "The table is not uniquely indexed".
>But this table has got a primary key!
>We try the same Tquery with Paradox, Access, ... without problem!
>What must we do?

Re:Tquery.refresh doesn't work with ORACLE???

We encountered the same difficulties with Sybase SQL Anywhere.  We found
that adding a UNIQUE constraint to the Primary Key fixed it (even though
it was kind of redundant).

We've recently switched away from the BDE and have found that the
Refresh method works as expected without the UNIQUE constraint when
using ODBC98 datasets (this was also true with our testing of the Titan
engine).  So either the BDE does it wrong or ODBC98 (and Titan) does it
wrong (but I prefer the way that it works <g>).

HTH - Mike

AGD sa wrote:

> Hello,
> We just have a problem doing a refresh on a simple Tquery (select * from
> tablename) with Oracle.
> We cach the following message: "The table is not uniquely indexed".
> But this table has got a primary key!
> We try the same Tquery with Paradox, Access, ... without problem!
> What must we do?

> Thanks
> Jean-Marc et Jean-No?l.

Re:Tquery.refresh doesn't work with ORACLE???

In order for refresh to work you need to be using a TTable and their must a
be a unique index on the dataset you querying.

John Gibel
Dunn Systems

AGD sa <a...@unicall.be> wrote in article <3576AD31.BD1A8...@unicall.be>...

> Hello,
> We just have a problem doing a refresh on a simple Tquery (select * from
> tablename) with Oracle.
> We cach the following message: "The table is not uniquely indexed".
> But this table has got a primary key!
> We try the same Tquery with Paradox, Access, ... without problem!
> What must we do?

> Thanks
> Jean-Marc et Jean-No?l.

Re:Tquery.refresh doesn't work with ORACLE???

Michael,

It looks as if you have given up on the BDE and gone to ODBC98.
Would you mind telling me what other drivers you have tested?
I'm trying to work out what to use when accessing an Oracle DB.

Best regards
Henrik Staun Poulsen
h...@Infolog.dk

Other Threads