??Can't use DBLookupComboBox on DBCtrlGrid??

I'm trying to use a DBLookupComboBox on a DBCtrlGrid, and when I try to set
the ListSource, I am told "Operation not allowed in a DBCtrlGrid".
WHY??????   We just spent $250 to upgrade to Delphi 3 Professional (from the
Standard version) because someone suggested using a DBCtrlGrid for a more
flexable grid control.  They suggested that you can place "just about" any
kind of control in there (because it's a grid of panels).  All I want is to
be able to use combo-boxes to control user input inside of a Grid.

Do we need to spend ANOTHER $250 or more to get a REAL Grid control from a
3rd party vendor? (if so, my boss isn't going to be too happy about this
one).

Jesse

Re:??Can't use DBLookupComboBox on DBCtrlGrid??

Use field edit and define your lookup table then place DBLookupComboBox to
DBCtrlGrid assign datasource and datafield as field lookup that you define in
field edit.Do not assign LookupSource and other.

-=Kasem=-

Jesse Castleberry wrote:
> I'm trying to use a DBLookupComboBox on a DBCtrlGrid, and when I try to set
> the ListSource, I am told "Operation not allowed in a DBCtrlGrid".
> WHY???????? We just spent $250 to upgrade to Delphi 3 Professional (from the
> Standard version) because someone suggested using a DBCtrlGrid for a more
> flexable grid control.? They suggested that you can place "just about" any
> kind of control in there (because it's a grid of panels).? All I want is to
> be able to use combo-boxes to control user input inside of a Grid.

> Do we need to spend ANOTHER $250 or more to get a REAL Grid control from a
> 3rd party vendor? (if so, my boss isn't going to be too happy about this
> one).

> Jesse

?

Other Threads