Lock file has grown too large - please help

Hi!
I have a problem with my Delphi 3.02 C/S
application using SQL Server.
I get an error message:
  "Lock file has grown too large"

What should I do to eliminate this problem?
What are the limits and where can I set them.

It seems that the problem occurs only on some particular PC.

Can anyone help?

Best regards,
M?rten Henrichson

Re:Lock file has grown too large - please help

M?rten Henrichson wrote in message <367FA966.2E195...@aabsoft.pp.fi>...
>Hi!
>I have a problem with my Delphi 3.02 C/S
>application using SQL Server.
>I get an error message:
>  "Lock file has grown too large"

Marten - try referencing the following borland/inprise tech article.  I
don't have any personal experience with this, but found it while stumbling
around on another issue.  Hope it helps.

http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/bde/ti_list/TI2993.html

John Bankert

John Bankert wrote:
> Marten - try referencing the following borland/inprise tech article.  I
> don't have any personal experience with this, but found it while stumbling
> around on another issue.  Hope it helps.

> http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/bde/ti_list/TI2993.html

Yes, it works, and removes the Lock File has grown error. But it will
also bring a new error, affecting your PrivateDir or Netfiledir to
be wrongly set.

Re:Lock file has grown too large - please help

I Have not tried to what the TI article says as
I find it a bit misleading.
The TI article says that the error msg:
"The lock file has grown too large"
should only affect Paradox-tables.
I am not using Paradox tables at all,
just BDE SQL Links to MS SQL Server.

Best regards,
M?rten Henrichson

Markku Nevalainen wrote:
> John Bankert wrote:
> > Marten - try referencing the following borland/inprise tech article.  I
> > don't have any personal experience with this, but found it while stumbling
> > around on another issue.  Hope it helps.

> > http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/bde/ti_list/TI2993.html

> Yes, it works, and removes the Lock File has grown error. But it will
> also bring a new error, affecting your PrivateDir or Netfiledir to
> be wrongly set.

Other Threads