Hangs at Splash Screen

I tried installing Delphi 4 Server/Client Suite. The installation went
smoothly, but on running the program, it just hangs at the splash
screen. Any solution? FYI, I also have the same problem with Delphi 3
Server/Client Suite.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

[Sent by E-Mail]
ED LEE
<edwin...@singnet.com.sg>
UIN: 1565976

Re:Hangs at Splash Screen

As the answer has been here about 10-20 times before, if you got a s3 gfx
card turn down accelleration.

HTH
  Roel

Ed Lee <edwin...@singnet.com.sg> wrote:
> I tried installing Delphi 4 Server/Client Suite. The installation went
> smoothly, but on running the program, it just hangs at the splash
> screen. Any solution? FYI, I also have the same problem with Delphi 3
> Server/Client Suite.
> Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
> [Sent by E-Mail]
> ED LEE
> <edwin...@singnet.com.sg>
> UIN: 1565976

Re:Hangs at Splash Screen

  If it's an S3 video card in your system, sell it, and get a new one....  --
Otherwise, make sure you have the latest drivers...  (some of Win98's orginial
drivers were buggy....  However, S3's are notoriously buggy (regardless of
version))

--
Jason Wallace
SL Software

Ed Lee <edwin...@singnet.com.sg> wrote in message

>I tried installing Delphi 4 Server/Client Suite. The installation went
>smoothly, but on running the program, it just hangs at the splash
>screen. Any solution? FYI, I also have the same problem with Delphi 3
>Server/Client Suite.

>Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

>[Sent by E-Mail]
>ED LEE
><edwin...@singnet.com.sg>
>UIN: 1565976

Re:Hangs at Splash Screen

Ed Lee wrote:
> I tried installing Delphi 4 Server/Client Suite. The installation went
> smoothly, but on running the program, it just hangs at the splash
> screen. Any solution? FYI, I also have the same problem with Delphi 3
> Server/Client Suite.

> Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

  You probably have an S3 based video card? If so, a quick fix is to go
into Start/Control Panel/System/Performance/Graphhics, and turn down the
accelleration level, probably all the way, or one step from the bottom.
It's due to some severe bugs in their drivers.

  The drawback will be reduced performance because the computer is doing
more of the work than the card's accelerator functions.

  You are probably better off buying a new video card, if possible. D4
works fine with my Matrox Millenium.

law!!
http://www.ntsource.com/~andyross

Other Threads