Upgrade Delphi 2.0 to 3.0?

I'm considering an upgrade from 2.0 to 3.0 (standard edition). And now
my stupid question: Is it worth it?

What are the benefits, new features, etc.?

Thanks,
Jarle

Re:Upgrade Delphi 2.0 to 3.0?

jaas...@online.no (Jarle Aasland) wrote:

I would and did.  Lots of the "bugs" in 2.0 are gone.  Help file is
much improved.
>I'm considering an upgrade from 2.0 to 3.0 (standard edition). And now
>my stupid question: Is it worth it?

>What are the benefits, new features, etc.?

>Thanks,
>Jarle

Re:Upgrade Delphi 2.0 to 3.0?

I have noticed several cases where system resources were used much more
carefully and efficiently in D3 than in D2.  I have seen specific examples
where
the VCL used memory as expected in D3, but the same code ran out of memory
in D2 with only 7000 small entries in a StringList on a 32M Pentium.

Note that there is a version 3.02 available from Borland with the latest
fixes.
Check it out at www.borland.com.

Once you start using the D3 code editor, you will not want to use D2 again.

Phil
pdor...@{*word*104}ramp.net

The Tomes of  Delphi 3: Win32 Core API
ISBN 1556225563

The Tomes of Delphi 3: Win32 Graphical API
ISBN 1556226101

Jarle Aasland <jaas...@online.no> wrote in article
<3486aa02.20963...@news.eunet.no>...

> I'm considering an upgrade from 2.0 to 3.0 (standard edition). And now
> my stupid question: Is it worth it?

> What are the benefits, new features, etc.?

> Thanks,
> Jarle

Other Threads