Printer problem with Turbo Pascal 7.0

I've got a question:

Does anybody know how to tell the printer to start the print a few milimeters lower on the sheet. The only possibility I know is WRITELN(lst) but what can I do, if I only want to print half a line lower?

Christian L.

Re:Printer problem with Turbo Pascal 7.0

In article <6glsh1$8p...@trader.ipf.de>,

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Christian_Li=DFner?= <c.liss...@okay.net> wrote:

>------=_NextPart_000_000D_01BD64C9.00D7F900

>I've got a question:

>Does anybody know how to tell the printer to start the print a few =
>milimeters lower on the sheet. The only possibility I know is =
>WRITELN(lst) but what can I do, if I only want to print half a line =
>lower?

That depends on the printer. Is the mode of your printer some kind of
state secret or was there some other reason why you did not mention it?

Osmo

Re:Printer problem with Turbo Pascal 7.0

>>I've got a question:

>>Does anybody know how to tell the printer to start the print a few =
>>milimeters lower on the sheet. The only possibility I know is =
>>WRITELN(lst) but what can I do, if I only want to print half a line =
>>lower?

>That depends on the printer. Is the mode of your printer some kind of
>state secret or was there some other reason why you did not mention it?

>Osmo

I've got a HP Deskjet 720C.

Re:Printer problem with Turbo Pascal 7.0

In article <6gn1i1$e5...@trader.ipf.de>,

Christian Li?ner <c.liss...@okay.net> wrote:

>>>I've got a question:

>>>Does anybody know how to tell the printer to start the print a few =
>>>milimeters lower on the sheet. The only possibility I know is =
>>>WRITELN(lst) but what can I do, if I only want to print half a line =
>>>lower?

>>That depends on the printer. Is the mode of your printer some kind of
>>state secret or was there some other reason why you did not mention it?

>>Osmo

>I've got a HP Deskjet 720C.

Write(lst,#27'=');

Don't you have a manual?

Osmo

Re:Printer problem with Turbo Pascal 7.0

I have the same printer. It comes with a small booklet; there are no printer
codes listed in it. I have no problems with it, but I use it with Win98 and
D3.

Re:Printer problem with Turbo Pascal 7.0

In article <352f4de...@news.total.net>,

Willy Speeckaert <willys_NOS...@total.net> wrote:
>I have the same printer. It comes with a small booklet; there are no printer
>codes listed in it. I have no problems with it, but I use it with Win98 and
>D3.

It is amazing how low they have sunken even on printer documentation. My
Deskjet Plus has complete listing of escape codes, character sets etc.

Well one can find the codes from

 http://www.hp.com/cposupport/printers/support_doc/bpd02925.html

Osmo

Re:Printer problem with Turbo Pascal 7.0

Thank you very much!!

Other Threads