Date: Tue, 07 May 2002 12:06:21 +0200
From: "Kreh" <K...@schleissheimer.de>
To: <nicole.fu...@rheinhyp.de>
Subject: so viel zum Thema schnell

--=_0558E321.98F99744

=20

--=_0558E321.98F99744

0M8R4KGxGuEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPgADAP7/CQAGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAfAAAAFA8AAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=

--=_0558E321.98F99744--

Re:EIdReadTimeout reading mail using Indy9 from indy90@ftp.nevrona.com

"Bjrn Gundermann" <gunderm...@gundermann-software.de> wrote in message

> reading the following mail with TIdMessage.LoadFromFile generates an
> EIdReadTimeout Exception in IdTCPConnection. Its generated because the
line
>      if IOHandler.Readable(ATimeout) then begin
> returns False

I plucked the following from the Indy 9 help (updated but not yet released)
for TIdMessage.LoadFromFile:

Note: Both LoadFromFile and LoadFromStream are designed to handle messages
written using the SaveToStream or SavedToFile methods in the Indy TIdMessage
component. These methods create an encoded version of the message contents
that matches the protocol transmissions used when sending the message with
TIdSMTP.  This includes the message terminator characters (CRLF.CRLF). If
you are trying to import .EML message files from MS Outlook Express, or
another email client, make sure that the text file (or stream) contains the
message terminator sequence.  An exception will be raised if LoadFromFile or
LoadFromStream are used to load messages that do not include the message
terminator sequence.

hth...
--
Don

Posted by ELKNews 1.0.4-B
Empower your News Reader! http://www.atozedsoftware.com

Re:EIdReadTimeout reading mail using Indy9 from indy90@ftp.nevrona.com

Hello Don,

thanks for the info. I checked it and found that the file wasnt written
with indy. That might be the problem.

"Bj?rn Gundermann" <gunderm...@gundermann-software.de> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:3ce2c4db$3_1@dnews...

> Hello Don,

> thanks for the info. I checked it and found that the file wasnt written
> with indy. That might be the problem.

Hallo Bj?rn,
that might not, that is. Load file to stringlist, test if last line is a
single ".", if not, then add
and save back and then load to idMessage.

hth Ernst

Other Threads