difference between two tier and three tier architectures

i have a project that uses the client-server model.  i have a thin client, a
webserver (apache)and a database server (mysql). the webserver and database
server are on the same machine. is this set-up considered a two tier or
three tier architecture?

thanks, mike

Re:difference between two tier and three tier architectures

"Michael" <mik...@montana.com> wrote in message

> i have a project that uses the client-server model.  i have a thin client,
> webserver (apache)and a database server (mysql). the webserver and
database
> server are on the same machine. is this set-up considered a two tier or
> three tier architecture?

ok. so i will answer my own question.  it is three tier because there are
three layer between the user and the data.

mike