Cashed updates and memo fields

When I click on "Generate SQL button" in TUpdateSQL I get the
following error message for each memo field: Field 'xxxx'is of an
unsupported type.

Does that mean, that I can not use Cashed updates if I have memo
fields in query?

This is the first time I use Cashed updates and I have no ideas how to
handle this.

I am using Delphi 2.0 C/S and MS SQL Server 6.5

Re:Cashed updates and memo fields

Hello Branko,

There are some reported problems with Blobs and CachedUpdates. I believe
that your specific problem with TUpdateSQL can be fixed with the
OnUpdateRecord event.  I don't recall what to do but try trapping for the
error and continuing on for starters.

I Hope This Helps Some,

Anthony W. Marino
AWM Objects

Branko Starasinic <branko.starasi...@danfoss-cmpr.si> wrote in article
<34bb5909.13623...@forums.borland.com>...

> When I click on "Generate SQL button" in TUpdateSQL I get the
> following error message for each memo field: Field 'xxxx'is of an
> unsupported type.

> Does that mean, that I can not use Cashed updates if I have memo
> fields in query?

> This is the first time I use Cashed updates and I have no ideas how to
> handle this.

> I am using Delphi 2.0 C/S and MS SQL Server 6.5

Other Threads