Access Denied problem when calling a server object using DCOM

I have no problems calling VB-made COM-objects from Delphi (3.0 C/S), but
when calling Delphi-made COM-objects I can't get past "Access Denied" when
trying to create the object.
I have the same settings in Dcomcnfg.exe for the VB and in the Delphi
version - on both client and server side.
I had the impression that a com object was a com object regardless ? DO you
have to do different things with a Delphi COM-obj. than with a VB
COM-object, when it coms to Dcomcnfg.exe settings and server-side reg.

Help ...

Best Regards Hans P. Dramstad
Objectware AS
ha...@objectware.no

Re:Access Denied problem when calling a server object using DCOM

Hello,

Do both Delphi and VB objects do the same exact thing? "Access Denied"
usually means that your COM object is trying to do something that is not
permissible under the context of whoever is impersonated when the COM object
is trying to make a request.

have fun,
--
Binh Ly
Brickhouse Data Systems, Inc.

Hans P. Dramstad wrote in message <6rugtm$gl...@forums.borland.com>...
>I have no problems calling VB-made COM-objects from Delphi (3.0 C/S), but
>when calling Delphi-made COM-objects I can't get past "Access Denied" when
>trying to create the object.
>I have the same settings in Dcomcnfg.exe for the VB and in the Delphi
>version - on both client and server side.
>I had the impression that a com object was a com object regardless ? DO you
>have to do different things with a Delphi COM-obj. than with a VB
>COM-object, when it coms to Dcomcnfg.exe settings and server-side reg.

>Help ...

>Best Regards Hans P. Dramstad
>Objectware AS
>ha...@objectware.no