DAO 3.5 to DAO 3.0

Hi,

When installing D4 we can choose one of the two version of BDE, and it is
said that whe can change mind later, using BDE Admin.

But how ? I can't find the way to move back, and I'd like to do so because
of problems with the last release.

And what about InstalShield Express ?

Is it possible to avoid a full reinstallation of Delphi and/or IS ?

Regards.

Re:DAO 3.5 to DAO 3.0

To switch between DAO3.0 and DAO3.5 open the BDE Admin and goto the
drivers tab and find the MSACCESS driver.  Change the dll32 param to the
DAO you want to use (IDDA3532.dll = DAO35 and IDDA3032.dll = DAO3.0).

Note - DAO3.0 will probably require you to add an entry into the
registry that M$ forgot to add.  For full details on that look at the
FAQ at http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/bde/qanda/qna28.html

Jeff Overcash

Martin RODOT wrote:

> Hi,

> When installing D4 we can choose one of the two version of BDE, and it is
> said that whe can change mind later, using BDE Admin.

> But how ? I can't find the way to move back, and I'd like to do so because
> of problems with the last release.

> And what about InstalShield Express ?

> Is it possible to avoid a full reinstallation of Delphi and/or IS ?

> Regards.

Other Threads