when I print...

When I print a report in a local printer (LPT1) it work great,
but when I print the same report to another printer of the
network through the print server Axis it doesn't work.
...and I don't know what to do.

thank's in advance
SMD

Re:when I print...

Hi Sebastian!

Printing from different printers on a network can be tricky.  You need to be
more specific for us to help you.  Is the printer a different Printer than
the one on LPT1?  What error messages (if any) are you getting?  What does
the output look like?  Do you see the report in the queue?

Tom Nesler

Sebastian Divinsky <div...@towers.com> wrote in message

> When I print a report in a local printer (LPT1) it work great,
> but when I print the same report to another printer of the
> network through the print server Axis it doesn't work.
> ...and I don't know what to do.

> thank's in advance
> SMD

Re:when I print...

Hi Tom!

sorry for my scarce information.
the problem is the following...

When I print a report in a local printer (LPT1) it work well,
 but when I print the same report to another printer of the
 network through the print server
"Axis 560  Netwoork Print Server"  it doesn't work.
the report wait in the queue with state in empty, and never exit from
there.
this problem occur only with the server Axis, becuase I proved
the same with "print server Hewlett Packard JETDIRECT EX Plus3" and it
work fine.

thank you very much.
SMD

The information about the pint server Axis is:
Axis 560 Network Print Server
Print Server name: Axi338F1AF.

--------

Tom Nesler <Tnes...@amfam.com> wrote in article <38d91b46@dnews>...

> Hi Sebastian!

> Printing from different printers on a network can be tricky.  You need to
be
> more specific for us to help you.  Is the printer a different Printer
than
> the one on LPT1?  What error messages (if any) are you getting?  What
does
> the output look like?  Do you see the report in the queue?

> Tom Nesler

> Sebastian Divinsky <div...@towers.com> wrote in message
> > When I print a report in a local printer (LPT1) it work great,
> > but when I print the same report to another printer of the
> > network through the print server Axis it doesn't work.
> > ...and I don't know what to do.

> > thank's in advance
> > SMD

Re:when I print...

In article <01bf97fc$e8af0440$4a40529e@DIVINSS>,
  "Sebastian Divinsky" <div...@towers.com> wrote:

> Hi Tom!

> sorry for my scarce information.
> the problem is the following...

> When I print a report in a local printer (LPT1) it work well,
>  but when I print the same report to another printer of the
>  network through the print server
> "Axis 560  Netwoork Print Server"  it doesn't work.
> the report wait in the queue with state in empty, and never exit from
> there.
> this problem occur only with the server Axis, becuase I proved
> the same with "print server Hewlett Packard JETDIRECT EX Plus3" and it
> work fine.

What printing protocol do you use? LPD, RawTCP? Do you the Axis
Print System?

- Gustav

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.