Turbo Pascal with new computer systems

Hey, I was just wondering if there is some sort of patch provided by
borland/imprise or any other third part company that will allow Turbo
Pascal 7 to work properly with a P4 processor and a GForce 2 MX200
graphics card.

I remember of some sort of patch for the P2 (is there anything for the
P4 or 64Mb++ graphic cards? (probably not)).

Cheers.

All our dreams are made when we're chained to a mirror and a razor
blade.
And i get so high, i just can't feel it.

Re:Turbo Pascal with new computer systems

Franklin Farrugia wrote:
> Hey, I was just wondering if there is some sort of patch provided by
> borland/imprise or any other third part company that will allow Turbo
> Pascal 7 to work properly with a P4 processor and a GForce 2 MX200
> graphics card.

> I remember of some sort of patch for the P2 (is there anything for the
> P4 or 64Mb++ graphic cards? (probably not)).

> Cheers.

Could you tell us more about the problems you're facing?
What errors do you get, what doesn't work as expected?
Otherwise we don't know in what direction you're looking...

Greetings

Markus

Re:Turbo Pascal with new computer systems

"Franklin Farrugia" <franklin_farru...@hotmail.com> wrote in
message...

> Hey, I was just wondering if there is some sort of patch provided by
> borland/imprise or any other third part company that will allow
Turbo
> Pascal 7 to work properly with a P4 processor and a GForce 2 MX200
> graphics card.

> I remember of some sort of patch for the P2 (is there anything for
the
> P4 or 64Mb++ graphic cards? (probably not)).

Sadily I'd have to say that I think Turbo Pascal (7 in particular,
however the others could apply) wouldn't be practical on a machine
such as a Pentium 4 & as for the whopping 64Mb or > unless your going
to write the low-level stuff to make that particular card supported,
it is probably worth more trouble than what's it's worth.

I'd say if you want to try something which is compatable with Turbo
Pascal & produces 32Bit programs (which is more realistic on that sort
of system) try Free Pascal.

I still think Turbo Pascal is easy to learn & great for writing
programs (even now), however I feel that Time & the rapid change rate
of computers has worked more against Turbo Pascal in General which is
a pity. The thing I hate most about this is that the very latest
machine still has to be compatible with the very first IBM personal
computer (why it is so is beyond me!). By using Free Pascal (which can
be used under DOS, Windoze, OS/2 etc) which is still being developed
your using something in which the speed of computers / graphics cards
etc is still being considered & not something which at the time
Borland would of be thinking a 486 or somthing like that max would of
being used.

In my view Time will only show that it will work against Turbo Pascal.

Ross.

Other Threads