Turn off pc-speaker?

Does anybody have a piece of code for turbo/borland pascal to
_completely_ turn off the pc-speaker?. I'm talking about a tsr or
disabling an interrupt or something.

thanks.

----------------------------------
toDSaH
Email: tod...@todsah.nl.eu.org
Homepage : http://todsah.nl.eu.org
----------------------------------

Re:Turn off pc-speaker?

toDSaH wrote:

> Does anybody have a piece of code for turbo/borland pascal to
> _completely_ turn off the pc-speaker?. I'm talking about a tsr or
> disabling an interrupt or something.

> thanks.

> ----------------------------------
> toDSaH
> Email: tod...@todsah.nl.eu.org
> Homepage : http://todsah.nl.eu.org
> ----------------------------------

Sorry,
I don't think this is possible. The PC speaker is programmed through a series of
ports. You might want to write a TSR that puts the CPU in protected mode and
thus
disabling the according ports, but cutting the wire to the speaker and putting a
switch in between is easier.

Regards, Konstantin Koll

Re:Turn off pc-speaker?

toDSaH <tod...@todsah.nl.eu.org> wrote:

: Does anybody have a piece of code for turbo/borland pascal to
: _completely_ turn off the pc-speaker?. I'm talking about a tsr or
: disabling an interrupt or something.

i don't have any code on hand, but the TSRs i've seen just
continously set bits 0 and 1 (?) of port 61h to zero.  it should
work, although a BIOS option is much more effective.. :P

-Assassin  assas...@reality.yps.org

--
=-= Join us in the fight against {*word*267}! =-=

Other Threads