Windows XP-Pro/MS-ACCESS/Delphi 5E TADOConnection

This thread should help. See the last message by Brian Bushay.

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=pt&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=3...
%241_1%40dnews&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fq%3Dprotected%2Bado%2Bdatabase%2BOR%2Bd
b%2BOR%2Bpassword%2B%2522Access%2522%2Bgroup:*borland.public.delphi*%26hl%3D
pt%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26selm%3D3d2a848f%25241_1%2540dnews%26r
num%3D1

or

http://tinyurl.com/1aij

Bruno Lovatti
Hortifruti - Tecnologia da Informa??o
www.hortifruti.com.br

Re:Windows XP-Pro/MS-ACCESS/Delphi 5E TADOConnection

>"The test connection failed because of an error in initializing provider.
>Cannot start your application.The workgroup information file is missing or
>opened
>exclusively by another user".

Does your database have a Database password?
If so you need to set the "Jet OLEDB:Database Password" property
If not you need to set the location of the .mdw file you are using for user
level security  with the "Jet OLEDB:System database" property
--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com

Re:Windows XP-Pro/MS-ACCESS/Delphi 5E TADOConnection

>There appears to be somethings corrupted in the program running under wXP
>Pro. I tried a simple new project under wXP and it works fine. Because I am
>using WinXP that has MDAC 2.7 and all my JRO*.TLB and ADO*.tlb were from
>Windows 98SE copied over. Is there a way I can have the new units for these
>? I inherited this project from a Windows 98SE.

Do you have Jro tlb file in your project directory or any unit other than your
project files? If you have delete them.  re-import the Jro type library and do a
build all.
--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com