'Access violation in module 'IDAPI32.DLL'

Hi

I have latest version of IDAPI32.dll,
But, I am getting the following error in my Delphi 4( Update Pack 3) code.
The error is:
First chance exception at $77F1D4CB . Exception class EAccessViolation with
message 'Access violation at address 4BE34608 in module 'IDAPI32.DLL'. Write
of address 0000003A.  [Callback:4BA33608
This error is occurring when I try to open a table.

Many thanks for your help.

David

Re:'Access violation in module 'IDAPI32.DLL'

I do not have any answers but I am also getting a similar error.
I am using Delphi 4 with Update Pack 3 and InfoPower 4 database controls.
I am getting a number of database related errors.
I am using NT4 SP3 against SQL7 on a remote server using vanilla MS ODBC to
connect.
I even get errors in the Design environment when I try to open or close a
DataModule.  The behavior is not consistent but it is stopping my development
efforts.
I have talked to Woll2Woll and Borland briefly with no answer yet.

Needless to say I am very unhappy... this problem has me stopped cold.

If I learn something from my research I will let you know.

In article <7cp6s4$7...@forums.borland.com>,
  "David Livingstone Gangarapu" <david_gangar...@reyrey.com> wrote:

> Hi

> I have latest version of IDAPI32.dll,
> But, I am getting the following error in my Delphi 4( Update Pack 3) code.
> The error is:
> First chance exception at $77F1D4CB . Exception class EAccessViolation with
> message 'Access violation at address 4BE34608 in module 'IDAPI32.DLL'. Write
> of address 0000003A.  [Callback:4BA33608
> This error is occurring when I try to open a table.

> Many thanks for your help.

> David

Paul Gareis
CRYSTAL Consulting Inc