Internal gds software consistency check

Help me to solve my problem.
when I was running my application, I had problem  Internal gds software
consistency check (Can't Continue after bud check).
Thanks Alot before.

Re:Internal gds software consistency check

"Amin" <amin...@telkom.net> wrote:
>Help me to solve my problem.
>when I was running my application, I had problem  Internal gds software
>consistency check (Can't Continue after bud check).
>Thanks Alot before.

 Stop running your application and validate your database. This error indicates that the database is corrupted.

Brian

Brian wrote:
> "Amin" <amin...@telkom.net> wrote:

>>Help me to solve my problem.
>>when I was running my application, I had problem  Internal gds software
>>consistency check (Can't Continue after bud check).
>>Thanks Alot before.

>  Stop running your application and validate your database. This error indicates that the database is corrupted.

> Brian

Validate, attempt to backup.  If the backup fails, try using gfix with
the -m option and then backup.  If that fails, you'll need to copy the
database contents into a 'fresh' database to fully recover.  You can do
this with a variety of tools, bde datapump and others.  If the database
is really large, this process could take a long time.

I have a utility open sourced that could handle this fairly quickly, but
try the gfix backup and restore first.

Oh, and make sure you have force writes turned on in the database.  I
was attempting to find out what corrupted databases a couple of years
ago, and found that even pulling the plug on the server while heavy DB
activity was going on..would *not* corrupt a database if force writes
was turned on.

Re:Internal gds software consistency check

In article <3e27eaf...@newsgroups.borland.com>, brianel...@ecenglish.com
says...
> Stop running your application and validate your database. This error
> indicates that the database is corrupted.

        After you've done that, read this:

http://delphi.weblogs.com/stories/storyReader$232

        -Craig

--
Craig Stuntz [TeamB] Vertex Systems Corp. Columbus, OH
Delphi/InterBase Weblog : http://delphi.weblogs.com

Other Threads