alter domain for InterBase 6.1

Hello,

I'm trying to alter a domain called "Cert". This domain is the primary key
for 8 tables. I want to increase its size from varchar(8) to varchar(12).
When I try the 'alter domain cert type varchar(12)' instruction I get the
following error code.

Unsuccessful metadata update
MODIFY RDB$FIELDS failed
action cancelled by trigger (1) to preserve data integrity
Cannot update index segment used by an Integrity Constraint
Statement: alter domain cert type varchar(12)

Any suggestions on how to alter this domain.

Thank you,
Randy

Re:alter domain for InterBase 6.1

Try following:

update RDB$FIELDS set
RDB$FIELD_LENGTH = 12,
RDB$CHARACTER_LENGTH = 12
where RDB$FIELD_NAME = 'cert'

Alex.G

"Rand Monroe" <ran...@ix.netcom.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> Hello,

> I'm trying to alter a domain called "Cert". This domain is the primary key
> for 8 tables. I want to increase its size from varchar(8) to varchar(12).
> When I try the 'alter domain cert type varchar(12)' instruction I get the
> following error code.

> Unsuccessful metadata update
> MODIFY RDB$FIELDS failed
> action cancelled by trigger (1) to preserve data integrity
> Cannot update index segment used by an Integrity Constraint
> Statement: alter domain cert type varchar(12)

> Any suggestions on how to alter this domain.

> Thank you,
> Randy

Other Threads