Alias configuration for type Sybase (native driver !)

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with the configuration of an alias
for a Sybase server (ASE 11.0.3 on Linux), more
closely, just with the parameter "SERVER NAME".

If I have installed various Sybase tools (Sybase Central...),
I can choose a server name from a drop down box.
I guess the BDE gets the information from a certain
file called "sql.ini", which looks like this :

[Sybase]
master=TCP,192.168.1.2,7100
query=TCP,192.168.1.2,7100

[Sybase_Server]
master=TCP,192.168.1.12,7100
query=TCP,192.168.1.12,7100

(I can choose "Sybase" and "Sybase_Server" from the
drop down box)

This works fine, ok. But of course I dont want to
install any Sybase tools on each client I want my
application be running on...
There must be a way to enter a server name directly,
I tried :
"TCP, 192.168.1.2, 7100",
"192.168.1.2, 7100"
and so on, but nothing worked. Instead, when trying to connect,
I always get the error :

 General SQL error.
ct_connect(): directory service layer: internal directory
control layer error: Requested server name not found.
(BDE Error : 13059)

Does anyone know how to solve this problem or where to start ?

TIA, Stefan