I create DBase III file that I cannot read at all

I create DBase III file easily but its format seems not to be good. I
cannot read it with DBase, Excel nor File Maker Pro. I have configurate
BDE with Version 3, but the head part of the DBase file is larger than
the 32 bytes I was waiting for.
Help please.

Re:I create DBase III file that I cannot read at all

Make sure the table level in the dBase driver is set to 3 in the BDE

Regards
Tony

Jean-Claude BRUEL wrote in message <37C94A9F.8F1F6...@geneanet.org>...
>I create DBase III file easily but its format seems not to be good. I
>cannot read it with DBase, Excel nor File Maker Pro. I have configurate
>BDE with Version 3, but the head part of the DBase file is larger than
>the 32 bytes I was waiting for.
>Help please.

Re:I create DBase III file that I cannot read at all

On Sun, 29 Aug 1999 16:58:39 +0200, Jean-Claude BRUEL

<jcbr...@geneanet.org> wrote:
>I create DBase III file easily but its format seems not to be good. I
>cannot read it with DBase, Excel nor File Maker Pro. I have configurate
>BDE with Version 3, but the head part of the DBase file is larger than
>the 32 bytes I was waiting for.

If you're using features that dBaseIII can't handle, the BDE will
automatically upgrade to a higher table level.  Some issues are:
- don't use required fields
- use ftBCD as the numeric type instead of ftInteger/ftFloat

If you still can't make it work, you can post your code here.

Jan

Other Threads